Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2021

George BM

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Seasons done. I’m starting to doubt that they’ll even make the playoffs with the schedule and this gauntlet AFC

Realistically they might win 2 more games, and that would probably get them in. They have too many practice squad players starting now to make some deep run though.

They need to seriously evaluate their strength and condition program. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Realistically they might win 2 more games, and that would probably get them in. They have too many practice squad players starting now to make some deep run though.

They need to seriously evaluate their strength and condition program. 

I’m trying to find the 2 wins though…I think Cleveland will be tough coming off a bye after just playing us and being able to get healthy and gameplan off the last game. On the road too. I see no possible way of beating the Packers, and then Bengals and Rams will be tough too

Just enjoyed a wonderful December jebwalk down here in incredible 71 degree, 71 dewpoint conditions! Its not often you get to enjoy 71 dewpoints in early December, even down here in south central Texas. Still enjoying succulent flavorful damn near sweet tomatoes right off the vine! Its been a lot warmer than is normal for us!

At first I too was kinda upset at going for two...but then when I found out Humphrey went down, I kinda see what Harbs was thinking. Higher chance of winning on a 2-point conversion than risking OT with a suddenly Humphrey-less secondary. We lose that coin toss and Ben might march right down the field. Where as the 2PC was right there...higher percentage call if you ask me. I get it!

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

I feel so high and mighty up here on the top of Parrs. Maybe the lowlanders won't see it amount to much lol

I didn't do quite as well as you on an attempt to upgrade local snow conditions, but I have given myself a better shot in theory- moving trucks Tuesday and I leave North Balt City for Monkton.  At least I won't have to sweat temps in marginal events quite as much up there I hope.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Since we might have our first snow board worthy event could anyone recommend how to set one up for my backyard? Just using basic materials and household items. 

Just a 2’x2’ piece of plywood and paint it white. Try to place it in the open away from obstructions and places that would drift. Measure up the hourly and wipe the board every 6 hours.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Since we might have our first snow board worthy event could anyone recommend how to set one up for my backyard? Just using basic materials and household items. 

Stick a ruler into the snow on your lawn. Make sure that the ruler is at a slightly slanted angle, that you hit soil with the ruler, and that the grass hasn't been mowed since the end of September.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

43 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Do as @WxUSAFsays but be sure to use a ruler measured in tenths (which I’ve never seen one in all of my life) and maybe even hundredths so you can report your highly detailed, highly accurate totals, with no photo, as most do. Here’s an example: I got 1.79” from this storm!! 

J/K

16 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Stick a ruler into the snow on your lawn. Make sure that the ruler is at a slightly slanted angle, that you hit soil with the ruler, and that the grass hasn't been mowed since the end of September.

You forgot “cram that ruler so far into the ground that you turn one earthworm into two”

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

At first I too was kinda upset at going for two...but then when I found out Humphrey went down, I kinda see what Harbs was thinking. Higher chance of winning on a 2-point conversion than risking OT with a suddenly Humphrey-less secondary. We lose that coin toss and Ben might march right down the field. Where as the 2PC was right there...higher percentage call if you ask me. I get it!

Absolutely the right call. Teams this years on 2 point conversions are successful 51.1% of the time. Getting the XP and winning the coin toss was a probability of 49.98%. So the math said going for 2 was the right move. Had Lamar not had to rush that throw with Watt coming in, Andrews walks that into the endzone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Thanks, do I place it on the ground or elevated held up by some supports?

I’ll chime in with elevated to get uniform temp above and below. I may be off here, but I’ve never agreed with the waiting to clear it for 6 hours either.

Good chance this may not be measurable anyway

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Do as @WxUSAFsays but be sure to use a ruler measured in tenths (which I’ve never seen one in all of my life) and maybe even hundredths so you can report your highly detailed, highly accurate totals, with no photo, as most do. Here’s an example: I got 1.79” from this storm!! 

J/K

I picked up a 1/10's tape measure at ACE hardware 3 years ago, not sure they still have them in stock, but worth a look. 

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I genuinely feel like this was my fault. I don’t change the movers and it would have snowed hard tomorrow. I kinda feel like this one is on me.

SHAME!

Kidding, hope the move goes great! We will have to meet up for drinks once you guys get settled

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormfly said:

I'll gladly take a "Heat Miser" Christmas for a nice January storm aka 2016.  Any day. ;)

Funny thing is someone literally just introduced the misers to me last night...I'm almost 31 but somehow missed that growing up, lol Snow miser is hilarious and relatable (like the mist literal encapsulation of the snow lover)...but kinda somehow creepy, lol Like I think  the "What the heck?" reaction hit me before the "Oh NY gosh that's me" reaction did. But now it's growing on me, hahaha Haven't looked at the heat miser yet (boo!!), although like ya said...I'd only CONSIDER welcoming him for a day if it were an exchange for a January HECS *maybe :rolleyes: (but then we'd have to sacrifice all of Feb and March...so eh, lol)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

its all so silly anyways. the 'event' will end up being nothing and it is what it is. all this other stuff is just silly chatter and noise for no reason at all.

I'll back up: I very likely overreacted in this case. Genuine apologies, intent is obviously tough to measure online and with never having met you guys IRL (or over Zoom) we are all still mostly just names and profile pictures on a message board.

I'm just sensitive to the issue of driving passionate posters off the board, especially when they are young and wanting to learn and when we have lost great posters over the years. Again, as someone who has been in the spot of being young and nervous not too long ago, you guys have more power and sway when you think you do. Those brave enough to try and contribute should generally be rewarded unless their behavior is in bad faith. When the (sometimes deserved) criticism comes down, just be mindful that it can be taken to heart. That's the reason I care and I don't see it as for no reason, though that thread isn't the place and that was probably not the time.

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic