Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

58 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You don't want the weight of the AC being supported by the lower window sash, That's how the sash and track get out of shape then the window does not slide up and down freely and seal properly after a period of time.

MEH.  I had 3 Units set up that way for 15 years with no issues than or now.

• Like 2

On my way to the cape. Fog never made it to dot. Edge was right in Southie when I went to pick up my dad's prescriptions. 

Working 6am sat and sun and then a week off from work. My old boss would give me sh*t for asking for a single day off. This guy handed out a week like it was nothing. Week on the cape will be nice. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I say this with love

A literal monkey could put a A.C unit in that window ..maybe you need to do a mod like adding a tiny piece of wood so it sits with a better tilt . This doesn’t require pages of discussion Geezus . Buy the Unit , put it in and enjoy the relief . I mean am I missing something ...it doesn’t need to be vacuum sealed To 1/100’th specifications 

Proper AC installation advice is warranted in these times.

3 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I say this with love

A literal monkey could put a A.C unit in that window ..maybe you need to do a mod like adding a tiny piece of wood so it sits with a better tilt . This doesn’t require pages of discussion Geezus . Buy the Unit , put it in and enjoy the relief . I mean am I missing something ...it doesn’t need to be vacuum sealed To 1/100’th specifications 

I think he's been overthinking it a bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I say this with love

All @Damage In Tolland wants is a picture of the lawn.....is that too much to ask for ? :weenie:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I say this with love

Heh.... but it's not the installation of an A/C unit - duh ...wtf -

Can't damage the windows and so it's not just at matter of jamming one in and kludging the insall - I was having trouble finding the right kind of brackets - the device needs to 'float' and takes the weight of the A/C unit -  so that there isn't damage or physical alterations done to it structurally.  

Don't wanna lose the warranty  

4 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Can't believe how many of you are fussing with window units. How much did you spend on your house? Install some mini splits or central air. Lets spend 400k on a house but not spend 10k to be comfortable in it.... 

The majority of monkeys are not fussing. They throw it in and are done with it.