Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Cape can be brutal for dews if your away from the seabreeze.  We stayed a couple years down there in a house in Truro,  No AC and the fans did little to help.  House was in the 80s and dews in the 70s.  Nothing better than sleeping in a pool of sweat.

The worst days on the Cape are often with south or southwest winds.  That’s when you want to be on Buzzards Bay Falmouth / Cataumet beaches or the Bay side beaches of the outer Cape. 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The worst days on the Cape are often with south or southwest winds.  That’s when you want to be on Buzzards Bay Falmouth / Cataumet beaches.  

Yeah, I can see that.

Hey, have you heard of Little Willow Brewing?  Got my hands on a 4-pack the other day from my local Craft Beer Store.  Good stuff and I love to promote the small brewers.

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Another 2-5" for west-central Mass and northern CT over the next 3 days sounds about right on the GFS.  What a time to be alive there.

That could be misleading.  That QPF is taking place in a PWAT saturated warm atmosphere.   Doesn't strike me as a Mem or 4th of July weekend, cold misty ordeals. 

I'm late to the mise-en-scene for this weekend ... so may be missing something, but that has more of elevated DP, thunder in the distance look.  Wet times... not all the time. With flood warning when it trains somewhere in BAF area.  The QPF charts, Euro and NAM etc, swell and decay along the diurnal modulation - that probably means some solar is getting through.  

I know - it is going to be hard to see through any other presumptive lens after those summer milestone weekends were so dark-artfully targeted-for-destruction. LOL.  Need to a double-session Librium to go with access to weather charts to keep it real.

Actually, it will be strata rain at 58 now just because I'm mentioning it - but that requires something more like a exorcism.   

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That could be misleading.  That QPF is taking place in a PWAT saturated warm atmosphere.   Doesn't strike me as a Mem or 4th of July weekend, cold misty ordeals. 

I'm late to the mise-en-scene for this weekend ... so may be missing something, but that has more of elevated DP, thunder in the distance look.  Wet times... not all the time. With flood warning when it trains somewhere in BAF area.  The QPF charts, Euro and NAM etc, swell and decay along the diurnal modulation - that probably means some solar is getting through.  

I know - it is going to be hard to see through any other presumptive lens after those summer milestone weekends were so dark-artfully targeted-for-destruction. LOL.  Need to a double-session Librium to go with access to weather charts to keep it real.

Actually, it will be strata rain at 58 now just because I'm mentioning it - but that requires something more like a exorcism.   

Sunday looks like a wash out on 6Z Euro 

download (9).png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yeah, I can see that.

Hey, have you heard of Little Willow Brewing?  Got my hands on a 4-pack the other day from my local Craft Beer Store.  Good stuff and I love to promote the small brewers.

No, where are they located? The number of new breweries that have opened, even during Covid,  has been more than I can keep up with.

I’m happy you were able to get your hands on some brick and feather. Lawrence is a good guy and he makes some fantastic beers.

If you are an IPA fan, ask your local craft store if they have or can get Grimm out of Brooklyn.  Spectacular IPA’s and double IPA’s.  IMO, smoother and more balanced than TreeHouse or Trillium.  Always check the canned on dates of course...

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

No, where are they located? The number of new breweries that have opened, even during Covid,  has been more than I can keep up with.

I’m happy you were able to get your hands on some brick and feather. Lawrence is a good guy and he makes some fantastic beers.

If you are an IPA fan, ask your local craft store if they have or can get Grimm out of Brooklyn.  Spectacular IPA’s and double IPA’s.  IMO, smoother and more balanced than TreeHouse or Trillium.  Always check the canned on dates of course...

Says Florence, MA, so somewhere between Northhampton and Williamsburg.  I've had a few Grimm Brews.  Most stuff I'm buying is super fresh as they have huge turnover at the place I buy from.  I've gotten to know them well over the last couple years.  Nice symbiotic relationship.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Cape can be brutal for dews if your away from the seabreeze.  We stayed a couple years down there in a house in Truro,  No AC and the fans did little to help.  House was in the 80s and dews in the 70s.  Nothing better than sleeping in a pool of sweat.

Sort of reminds me of when I was in college and took 4, 3 week courses at the Marine Science Consortium in Wallops Island VA. One of the courses ran from the end of July through early August, our sleeping arrangements were in the old Navy barracks, no A/C. The mosquitoes were the size of birds and my thermometer would not go lower than 85 at night. I never want to ever experience that again, I can imagine it was close to what the gulf states feel like during the summer....They have since renovated those dorms and added A/C....ha 

Yeah...

Today is dedicated...to all the people who didn't want summer..

Too all the people who wished cold when I was just going to the beach to enjoy it with my daughter.

And all the weenies in the summer struggle...it's all sweaty baby baaabeeehhh.

It was all a dream...I used to see raindrops hit my screen

Seeing all these tweets from Dave Epstein

Watching mold grow on the wall

Every Saturday the kids complained more and more...

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah...

Today is dedicated...to all the people who didn't want summer..

Too all the people who wished cold when I was just going to the beach to enjoy it with my daughter.

And all the weenies in the summer struggle...it's all sweaty baby baaabeeehhh.

It was all a dream...I used to see raindrops hit my screen

Seeing all these tweets from Dave Epstein

Watching mold grow on the wall

Every Saturday the kids complained more and more...

Heat stroke? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

I did too and I did. 76 degrees in da water. A little breeze just picked up when I left the water. Torch day again no more work today, time to chillax

Kind of pisses me off that I’m restricted from swimming for at least another month.   I can’t get sweat in my eye either restricting my ability to walk in the middle of the day.   Took the dog for a loop-really had to work to keep the sweat away.