Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I would love to know where these cool comfy dews in the low 60’s and high in the 70’s all day were in CT . I live at 1 k and my temps were in the 80’s and dews ranged from 67- 73 other than one hour where mixing briefly dropped them to 63. Still 70 even now . 

Glad we don't live there. Check your winter spot of ORH for real non mulch bed DPs

Screenshot_20210715-210913_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just find it funny how people are calling dews in the 60’s comfy lol.  My how things have changed since coc k season vanished so early in June 

Its frigging summer lol dps low 60s and hot sun. What an afternoon.  Fix your dp sensor, then again you wet we dry last 3 days.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

These giant God damn bugs need to Fook off. I'm covered in off deep woods and they keep flying directly into my face. 

I sprayed my entire yard with pet safe insecticide and the fenced gardens with spetracide . Aint no bugs on me. Have blue light solar bug zappers out here along the deck rail as well. Perfect night, having some beers, deck fire pit lit. Great ending to a fantastic day.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Eh. The tarmacs briefly mixed out. Areas of heavy vegetation and poor low level mixing kept the higher dews most of the day. Everyone is back around 70° dews now with the decoupling.

Well it was glorious in the water and had the evaporative chill when you got out. No work today so didn't feel muggy this afternoon,  and tonight with the 74 degrees and 68 DP its really a nice night 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Well it was glorious in the water and had the evaporative chill when you got out. No work today so didn't feel muggy this afternoon,  and tonight with the 74 degrees and 68 DP its really a nice night 

Yeah I don’t think it was that oppressive…typical summer humidity. When the ASOS site dews are in that 73+ territory is when it gets really nasty. I think this felt worse after the cool stretch we had too.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Yeah I don’t think it was that oppressive…typical summer humidity. When the ASOS site dews are in that 73+ territory is when it gets really nasty. I think this felt worse after the cool stretch we had too.

I so needed a day like today. Was in Tips summer version of S.A.D.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just find it funny how people are calling dews in the 60’s comfy lol.  My how things have changed since coc k season vanished so early in June 

They are bundling up in their sweaters this evening and throwing another log on the fire

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Hit 86F at MVL and at 4pm it was 85/65 at the ASOS.  I found being outside at the mountain got sweaty without much activity, ha.

Mid-July though, it felt like seasons in seasons.  A/C on at home this afternoon though it just went off as the outside temp has dropped to the indoor temp.

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Its frigging summer lol dps low 60s and hot sun. What an afternoon.  Fix your dp sensor, then again you wet we dry last 3 days.

Other than an airport in ORH which notoriously runs 3-5 low on dews there was nowhere that had that all afternoon. Not even the notoriously too dry BDL Mac . How about some 1k stations in and around ORH in neighborhoods? You’re good at finding things. Post some home stations in that area from noon - 4:00

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Even now 77/73

Damn that is some Dubai stuff, BTV area has similar temps but not those dews.  69/66 on the local PWS.  We are right in the middle of the upper 70s to near 80F still found in BTV-land PWS and then the mid-60s in the NEK.  Looking around, some of those NE VT highlands and elevated glens cool off ridiculously fast.  I think we cool fast here but they are like 64-65F already on the plateaus.

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Other than an airport in ORH which notoriously runs 3-5 low on dews there was nowhere that had that all afternoon. Not even the notoriously too dry BDL Mac . How about some 1k stations in and around ORH in neighborhoods? You’re good at finding things. Post some home stations in that area from noon - 4:00

I posted your local IJD station 85/62

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Damn that is some Dubai stuff, BTV area has similar temps but not those dews.  69/66 on the local PWS.  We are right in the middle of the upper 70s to near 80F still found in BTV-land PWS and then the mid-60s in the NEK.  Looking around, some of those NE VT highlands and elevated glens cool off ridiculously fast.  I think we cool fast here but they are like 64-65F already on the plateaus.

It’s just nice to have a summer evening finally. But man the bugs are insane. 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s just nice to have a summer evening finally. But man the bugs are insane. 

All that water and now heat... ha bug paradise.  I just think of all the standing water in NE CT.... the massive puddles rotting there all warm, roadside ditches full, ponds overflowing into other areas, wetlands filled with water... what a bug paradise.  Breeding things the size of acorns and pine cones :lol:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

KFIT was 60-62 tD for a few hours this afternoon.