George BM

April Banter 2021

19 minutes ago, mappy said:

ketchup! and it has to be cooked just right. crispy on the outside and squishy in the middle

Ketchup works....my college roomie also got me used to pouring maple syrup over scrapple back then. He was a master at making scrapple the way you describe....coating the slabs lightly in flour, browning it just so in a few pats of butter in the frying pan. Sometimes he'd cut up chunks of it with hash browns and brown that mixture together. OMG.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snowfan said:

Ketchup should be outlawed as an acceptable condiment for use w eggs. I will make it so when I'm president.

Noted to not vote for you :P 

Just now, vastateofmind said:

Ketchup works....my college roomie also got me used to pouring maple syrup over scrapple back then. He was a master at making scrapple the way you describe....coating the slabs lightly in flour, browning it just so in a few pats of butter in the frying pan. Sometimes he'd cut up chunks of it with hash browns and brown that mixture together. OMG.

Can't say I have tried it with maple syrup, but will now that many have recommended it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Ketchup should be outlawed as an acceptable condiment for use w eggs. I will make it so when I'm president.

Can't.  its part of the 10th Amendment

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

Why does this boards emojis not have a barf one! Oh that is vile!!!

In lieu of a barfing emoji, this one would work for that concoction:

image.gif.f7dbedf3cc8612dbbd990ef2249b3b0b.gif

• Haha 2

y'all are ruining maple syrup by putting it on that.  Maple syrup is reserved for these items:  pancakes, waffles, chicken, bacon, pop tarts, donuts, vanilla ice cream, more things to be added at my discretion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacChump said:

I don’t want to live in the timeline where that’s not a straight red 

There was a play in my son's game the other night where the opposing keeper came out cleats first and took the striker out.....no call at all.  He did get a little of the ball, but the cleats first should have been a card.  It's all about protecting the players....and Karma is real thing, we won 6-0.

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Mr Map got moderna. He's fine this AM, but probably will have the worst of it in early May when he gets his second. I'm getting J&J next week, and already anticipating being down for the count afterwards based on what I've heard from others. 

Mr J had slight are soreness and actually a bruise at injection site. Felt a bit fatigued about 12 hrs after but no other symptoms. I will let you know anything after I get my second Moderna. :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, H2O said:

English muffin, one egg fried or scrambled but made into a solid form, a sage sausage patty, muenster cheese and........ketchup.  

Yeah I said ketchup.  Fight me. 

Earlier this morning I got a sausage and egg McMuffin (hold the cheese; I hate that processed stuff).  As I was leaving the drive-through I looked in the bag and my first thought was, "I forgot to ask for ketchup."

If it's the standard egg McMuffin with Canadian bacon, though, ketchup is necessary to give it some flavor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I like Ketchup but only on hamburgers and Mac and cheese. The German in me bans it on a good sausage. But give me some curry ketchup and that stuff would be on everything!

mac and cheese?:yikes:

10 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

You know I have actually missed grocery shopping. I like you have been extremely cautious. Did not choose to get cancer at age 41, but being a survivor I was not going to be taken down by a virus. Dr’s appts and outdoor while masked activities has been the extent of my life since last March. April 20th I start to get my life back.

And so so super happy that I have Mr J who took on more responsibility when I had to stop. Even while working from home. He has been through so much with me over the years through my cancer diagnosis, bed rest with both of the girls just to name a few. This weekend we celebrate 22 years of being there for each other. I joked after he asked me to marry him that I would if he promised to push me in a wheelchair when I got old. Was joking but he has done just that. He got his shot on Tuesday and such a sense of relief went through me as he has been the one on the front line. We will celebrate yet another anniversary with take out at home. Did it while on bed rest. Did it as I recovered from cancer surgery. Did it last year and again this year. Does not matter where I celebrate as long as I celebrate it with Mr J. We can live it up next year if we choose. Or just be the introverts we are and stay home. 

Happy Early Anniversary to you and Mr. J! Hopefully this weekend is amazing and you can enjoy a nice evening or two :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, H2O said:

y'all are ruining maple syrup by putting it on that.  Maple syrup is reserved for these items:  pancakes, waffles, chicken, bacon, pop tarts, donuts, vanilla ice cream, more things to be added at my discretion. 

breakfast sausage 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Why does this boards emojis not have a barf one! Oh that is vile!!!

Yeah, we definitely need a vomit/barf emoji!  But I'm shocked you brought back the Vienna sausage and Spaghetti-Ohs image earlier!

All we need now is for @H2O to post something similar with cicadas, in honor of the upcoming Brood X!  Wait, I really didn't mean to ask that, now I'm kinda worried!! :o

ETA:  Was also going to mention, happy anniversary to you!!! :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Pan-seared cicadas in a reduction of Miller Lite, with a hint of rosemary garnish:lol:

too foo foo.  

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I like Ketchup but only on hamburgers and Mac and cheese. The German in me bans it on a good sausage. But give me some curry ketchup and that stuff would be on everything!

My sister-in-law extolls the virtues of fried bologna and ketchup...seriously!!

I think it was Clint Eastwood (in one of his movies, maybe one of the Dirty Harry ones?) who said "Nobody, I mean nobody, puts ketchup on a hotdog!"

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

There was a play in my son's game the other night where the opposing keeper came out cleats first and took the striker out.....no call at all.  He did get a little of the ball, but the cleats first should have been a card.  It's all about protecting the players....and Karma is real thing, we won 6-0.

i really hesitate to criticize the referees for my daughters' soccer games as they get so much shit from parents on the sideline...missed calls happen...the parents that complain about a missed throw-in call at midfield drive me crazy...THAT BEING SAID my biggest gripe is definitely the refs that don't protect the players and let things get out of control...i've seen some pretty serious injuries as a result, and this is at the u-little stage...

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

This pairs perfectly with scrapple. Only DFH lol.

Beer for Breakfast | Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales | Off Centered Stuff  For Off Centered People

A stout tricked out with all sorts of breakfast ingredients including Guatemalan Antigua cold press coffee, Maple syrup harvested from Western Massachusetts and for the quintessential Delaware breakfast touch - Rapa Scrapple and their secret blend of spices. 

this is really good

51 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Curry ketchup? Now that sounds like a food of the gods....didn't know it existed! I use Frank's Red Hot like that. I often pour it all over my breakfast sandwiches and on rare occasions, scrapple. For me, their tagline is spot-on -- "I put that sh*t on EVERYTHING!"  :) 

BREAKING: CSU calling for a well above average season. 17 named storms, 8 hurricanes, 4 major hurricanes, 150 ACE.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

BREAKING: CSU calling for a well above average season. 17 named storms, 8 hurricanes, 4 major hurricanes, 150 ACE.

Chasing will be easier