Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter 2021

George BM

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

if he has any idea of the context at which we are describing, then i imagine he has plenty to say about it :lol:

I'm trying not to say all the things that could be said about that story.  It just leaves so many questions.  How?  Why? Were showers in the forecast? was it like being at a Gallagher comedy show? Is there now a name for that water attraction?  

ok I'll stop

Interesting reading about your perspectives on getting vaccinated down there, here is what I experienced as your neighbor to the north in PA...

I received my 1st vaccine on Monday. For those familiar with the Lancaster area, Park City was selected as a countywide mass vaccination center. Every step of the process was 100% painless - I made my appointment online on Saturday for my Monday appointment. Walked in and out of Park City in 23 minutes time...of which 15 minutes was spent waiting once I was vaccinated to confirm that I was fine. It could not have been organized and run more efficiently. I had my 2nd dose scheduled (4/26) about 1 minute after my initial jab. 

We have thousands, yes thousands of open time slots here in Lanco - still not open to all demographics but with the amount of openings that we have, not sure why we haven't decided to open to all. Our cases are skyrocketing and time is of the essence. 

That is my 1 post on this. Again, I appreciate reading your experiences and decided to share mine. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, H2O said:

I'm trying not to say all the things that could be said about that story.  It just leaves so many questions.  How?  Why? Were showers in the forecast? was it like being at a Gallagher comedy show? Is there now a name for that water attraction?  

ok I'll stop

How: full bladder with some force

Why: Florida

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Per Wbal radio in B'more  you can now smoke a joint or shoot up Heroin in public walking down the sidewalk and you won't be arrested but drinking a Miller lite is still illegal and no mask in store gets you Solitary confinement or beat up by mask shamers :lol:

The definition of insanity ^

Are you high?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Interesting reading about your perspectives on getting vaccinated down there, here is what I experienced as your neighbor to the north in PA...

I received my 1st vaccine on Monday. For those familiar with the Lancaster area, Park City was selected as a countywide mass vaccination center. Every step of the process was 100% painless - I made my appointment online on Saturday for my Monday appointment. Walked in and out of Park City in 23 minutes time...of which 15 minutes was spent waiting once I was vaccinated to confirm that I was fine. It could not have been organized and run more efficiently. I had my 2nd dose scheduled (4/26) about 1 minute after my initial jab. 

We have thousands, yes thousands of open time slots here in Lanco - still not open to all demographics but with the amount of openings that we have, not sure why we haven't decided to open to all. Our cases are skyrocketing and time is of the essence. 

That is my 1 post on this. Again, I appreciate reading your experiences and decided to share mine. 

Thank you for sharing! Glad it was a smooth process for you! #getjabbed 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's funny . .... you can have an opinion as long as it's the right one . Millions of others in this country won't get the shot for whatever there reasons . Others have been talking about shots and vaccines on here  for months . I share my honest opinion that I'm not getting it and get shit on by several posters .  Not surprising at all. 

You haven’t been shit on in any way. Other people shared their disagreeing opinion. You’re the loudest voice on here about “opening up” and deciding covid is just part of our lives, yet you are refusing the most effective (and easiest) way to make those 2 things reality. So sure, you’re welcome for on your opinion but doesn’t mean everyone else has to accept it.

No one likes the restrictions, and we are all sick and tired of the damn virus. The path to victory(normalcy) is for the majority of the population to get vaccinated, per the science. I realize some wont get it for whatever reason- my parents- who are older- won't get it, despite me, my brother, and sister trying to convince them. It is what it is, but then they don't bitch and moan about things being too restricted either. They are fine with masking up when they go out to the store, and mostly just staying home.

18 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's funny . .... you can have an opinion as long as it's the right one . Millions of others in this country won't get the shot for whatever there reasons . Others have been talking about shots and vaccines on here  for months . I share my honest opinion that I'm not getting it and get shit on by several posters .  Not surprising at all. 

I'm saying this with all due respect.  I really enjoy your optimistic posts on snow chances. It balances out all the pessimistic posts. You have great knowledge of weather drivers.

Unfortunately alot of your banter posts have political undertones. I think people are just burnt out on anything political. 

At this point if your a regular viewer/poster on this subforum you know which side of the political spectrum most  posters lean. No need to remind everyone which way you lean.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, CAPE said:

Picked up some Boulevard Imperial Cask Cuvee limited release today. Cant wait to try it- should be complex and delicious. Not to mention almost 14% abv. :D

I will try and save it for the weekend, but I doubt I will be successful lol.

Might head to Milton to pick up some WWS this weekend. They have the original and bourbon barrel aged at the shop there. @nw baltimore wx picked up a few when he was there I think

OMG...I'll bet the Boulevard Imperial Cask will be absolutely amazing...do share your impression when the time arrives! Unfortunately, I could only enjoy one Boulevard while at the Brass Tap last week....they are all about the lofty ABV counts, but man, they do it so well.  :D 

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

I follow all CDC guidelines in public 

That's good, and is expected of everyone quite frankly.

You really should stop with the mask shaming comments tho- it just makes you sound like you are whining over having to put a mask on.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

OMG...I'll bet the Boulevard Imperial Cask will be absolutely amazing...do share your impression when the time arrives! Unfortunately, I could only enjoy one Boulevard while at the Brass Tap last week....they are all about the lofty ABV counts, but man, they do it so well.  :D 

I will let ya know in the next 30 mins. B)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Grabbed this description off of BA: Often regarded as the signature release of a winery or brewery, a “cuvée” is a blend of only the best barrels — and this baby fits the bill. Employing their expert palates and extensive experience, our team artfully blended five different Imperial Stouts and aged them in five different barrels from eight months to almost two years.
This unique blend of 18% Templeton Rye Whiskey Barrels, 23% Madeira Wine Barrels, and 59% Buffalo Trace, Basil Hayden’s, and Heaven Hill Bourbon Barrels allowed for flavors unlike any other.

Just poured it, so its on the cold side. It is thick and black, minimal head. Definitely complex- roasty, dark fruit, dark chocolate, and defo get the hints of wine. Ever so slightly sweet.. Love it so far. And under 16 bucks a 4 pack, which is amazing for a beast like this. You need to pick this one up!

• Like 1

Anyone interested in meeting at DFH Brewery in Milton DE sometime Sat or Sun, I am heading down to the shop there to pick up some WWS. The best of the best complex High gravity stouts.

Need to make a reservation to go into the tasting room/get some food and hangout. Otherwise I am just going down to pick up the beer.

45 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I'm saying this with all due respect.  I really enjoy your optimistic posts on snow chances. It balances out all the pessimistic posts. You have great knowledge of weather drivers.

Unfortunately alot of your banter posts have political undertones. I think people are just burnt out on anything political. 

At this point if your a regular viewer/poster on this subforum you know which side of the political spectrum most  posters lean. No need to remind everyone which way you lean.

Thank you. We’ve asked time and time again to stop posting that stuff and it still happens. It’s such a terrible look. And judgements have been made

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic