Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Bar harbor is a GREAT spot on a nice day , I will admit that . Thunder Hole is the spot for watching large surf .

Spectacular at the right tide and surf conditions.  However, when we took the 2 oldest granddaughters to Acadia in summer 2019, Thunder Hole was so placid that a 5-year-old on a kickboard would've been safe.  Calmer than I thought possible.  The opposite was when we lived in BGR (early 70s) on a March excursion right after a strong coastal rainstorm.  In those days the park loop road remained available (though unplowed) during the park's off-season, and free.  That day waves were routinely and noisily redirected 70-80 feet upward, and when I looked away eastward I heard an extra-loud WHOMP and turned to see spray 150'+ high and just starting to descend.  Looked almost like a WW2 newsreel of destroyers dropping depth charges.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

71 here despite only being 55 at 12:30.  

just going to comment on that - yup ... same up here along Rt 2 in Mass.

In fact, it was 58, 2 hours ago.. but the cloud stopped back building over the elevation caps and sun took over, and an impressive temp surge hard to say if it is all sun.

I think the warm boundary has made it into the region ... if diffusive in nature.  I mean it's not being analyzed that way at WPC but ... that kind of surge after 2 pm can happen but it usually requires an air mass change assist.  interesting..

71 now... 13 up in basically an hour and a half.