Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

7 hours ago, kdxken said:

I thought you  said this was a summer week? What happened?

No one ever said anything like that. You do not live in a warm climate there on the water in E MA. Even in the summer how many days are ruined there by the North Atlantic ? Fortunately we live inland away from it and are looking at a warm week. Enjoy friend!

a warm/quasi-stationary front that is
expected to be draped somewhere across our CWA. This is rather
typical of late April in Southern New England, where the CT
valley tends to be located in the warm sector while coastal
areas are cooler thanks to onshore flow. 
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No one ever said anything like that. You do not live in a warm climate there on the water in E MA. Even in the summer how many days are ruined there by the North Atlantic ? Fortunately we live inland away from it and are looking at a warm week. Enjoy friend!

a warm/quasi-stationary front that is
expected to be draped somewhere across our CWA. This is rather
typical of late April in Southern New England, where the CT
valley tends to be located in the warm sector while coastal
areas are cooler thanks to onshore flow. 

Our climo is much warmer than you in summer. There is no ruining of temps.

48 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What ocean influence? At the beach? :lol:  There is none away from the beach.

Well there are a number of places cooler on a SW wind but not really “E MA” .

He must be thinking cape cod / islands and coastal Maine and Cape Ann . E MA has those days in spring . Also the S 20 miles of SE mass will be cooler on a strong SW breeze . 

One thing I will never understand is the “Allure of Maine beaches” . I can see going down on a day that is forecast to have a offshore breeze. But the amount of people who Book S Maine vacations weeks out and spend buku Bucs to find “Wheel of rhea” weather on July 4 is hilarious to me . I picture the pastiest white folks sitting under umbrellas in 58 fog smiling about how nice it is and how they have gotten “color” 

Tomorrow looks like a classic case—Danbury CT down to NYC tickle 80. New Haven sniffs the warm front for a few hrs maybe before the backdoor slams through again. And the rest of CT is on the wrong side of the door all day.  It’s near 80 or near 60. Either way, Kevin will be yelling “dews” and stein” while he and Hartford are stuck on the wrong side all day. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

One thing I will never understand is the “Allure of Maine beaches” . I can see going down on a day that is forecast to have a offshore breeze. But the amount of people who Book S Maine vacations weeks out and spend buku Bucs to find “Wheel of rhea” weather on July 4 is hilarious to me . I picture the pastiest white folks sitting under umbrellas in 58 fog smiling about how nice it is and how they have gotten “color” 

Srn Maine? Nah, no real of rhea there on July 4th. Bigger issue is more downeast maine on humid days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Tomorrow looks like a classic case—Danbury CT down to NYC tickle 80. New Haven sniffs the warm front for a few hrs maybe before the backdoor slams through again. And the rest of CT is on the wrong side of the door all day.  It’s near 80 or near 60. Either way, Kevin will be yelling “dews” and stein” while he and Hartford are stuck on the wrong side all day. 

Looks pretty wet in a lot of areas.

24 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

We will be into the 70’s here in CT tomorrow. 
This may be as bad as your no snow to BOS forecast when they got 18” where you disappeared for 2 months and never owned up to mistakes 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

Mix of sleet and rain in Bristol… unexpected..

If you're interested...

It's because the dew points are still relatively low ... much lower than the ambient air temperature when the rain starts. 

As the rain falls into a dry air mass, the evaporation off the particles cools them down to freezing ( wet bulb temperature ..) prior to completely evaporating, so you're left with a sleet particle despite the temperature being relatively warm.  It's a phenomenon ... not hugely uncommon in spring... I've seen rain with bouncing sleet pellets while as mile as 52 F temperature ... if it persists... the air temp will saturate down to say 37 and just be light rain - losing the evaporative cooling the cooler temperature, counter-intuitively no longer creates the ice.

• Thanks 2