• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Most of CT is in the .45-.65” range with  isolated higher amounts based on observations I’m seeing through local weather stations (a bit less NW CT).  Looks like our nice warm stretch is losing steam unfortunately and it’s just seasonable mid spring weather here with plenty of rain chances and temps in the 50s,60s,70s. 

76D11B49-00C7-4957-8B39-2A7D045215AD.png

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

In his defense this was looking a lot wetter a few days ago. Stein did its best to push this south. It mainly became a CT-SE MA deal. 

I do admit we got a bit more than I was thinking, so was wrong on amounts by a tenth or so . But there were a bunch of mets and posters talking about a soaking rainfall for the region. That’s usually an inch or more , which we really need . We’ll see if they’re right about a rainy next 384 hours . To me it looks more like a few fropas with showers rather than wet pattern. Hopefully they’re right 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I do admit we got a bit more than I was thinking, so was wrong on amounts by a tenth or so . But there were a bunch of mets and posters talking about a soaking rainfall for the region. That’s usually an inch or more , which we really need . We’ll see if they’re right about a rainy next 384 hours . To me it looks more like a few fropas with showers rather than wet pattern. Hopefully they’re right 

Half inch or more is a good drink. You typically don’t have 1-2”+ events given out like candy. More rain later this week. We are doing fine at least in SNE. Right now he’s lighting fires just over the border. :stein:

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

It is mid spring. The jet is over our head just about every day through 384 hrs on the GFS. MJO phase 1. -NAO with an active pacific means most disturbances will traverse our region. 

It’s going to rain. A lot. 

Yeah it's looking quite active. Highly unlikely we'll be seeing big dry spells.

55 minutes ago, dendrite said:

In his defense this was looking a lot wetter a few days ago. Stein did its best to push this south. It mainly became a CT-SE MA deal. 

Sure. But don’t get it twisted. Population distribution matters more than geographical area. That’s here; that’s everywhere. Many more people live in the region getting rain today. Boston is getting a good drink too.

• Weenie 1

perspective ... this rain is paltry though -  ...in terms of a 'seasonal standard deviation' event, this is lower than normal rain output for this time of year and system.  In a relative sense I'm not sure the anti-steiners win in this competition - LOL ...  But I'm not in the competition - I frankly hoped it would rain 3" ...

---------------------------------------------------------------

If this were winter ... in 1994, that MJO signal mapped over a rising PNA ...whilst the NAO remains negative?  That would be justification for a thread ...the title of which reads something like, "Backyards will go great distances toward correcting any perceived seasonal snow fall deficits."

Unfortunately, being on the cusp of April and May means all the misery less than snow as the most probably outcome. 

You know .. in some philosophic way ... May really could be construed as the cruelest month - I mean April is so automatically a reason to hate God, there really should be no expectation beyond Hades anyway... But May 2005 says it all.

No one has ever experienced an April as cruel as May 2005, not anyway that can be deemed intellectually or emotionally responsible and lucid as sane being -  

Now ... I don't know what the indices were doing in the months/weeks/ .. days leading that 12 days of forced shit eating that year, but if one were to reconstruct what they might have looked like ... we should be heading for a redux. 

The upshot here is that the indices' overall correlations are breaking down, so ... it doesn't have to necessarily imply that with lots of confidence.  

47 minutes ago, rimetree said:

A balmy 57 with sun visible through the clouds. Models seem to be agreeing on a wet period later this week but will see if it holds. In the "abnormally dry" zone here but maybe that will disappear by next week.

It’s raining in Dover now. So surely you’re raining as well. Radar looks good for a 3 hr drink—backbuilding to our west

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We storm Wednesday? Kind of looks interesting if we can get that EML on some models.

Imho it depends on where that quasi stationary warm frontal boundary aligns. 

Recent American runs finagling the boundary not truly coming through.   The NAM has an 18 to 21Z Tuesday warm front stalled from Upstate NY to NYC and holds it there through 12z Wednesday...  It even smatters cool side QPF on WNW tranjectory ... classic walling off scenario, so that will sand off the warm air from ever getting NE of the Hudson Valley if/when a set up like that .. seen it a billion times. How to artful f-up a warm signal in the spring, a story written by the great misery Author, New England

Haven't looked very closely at the foreign guidance ... pretty annoyed watching the mid week warm up being eroded from us, run by run by run as if we can't see it happening. Lol.. I mean, just make it cold and stop fuggin around already