Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

12 minutes ago, S&P said:

Thought so, if that’s the 1st tee what causes the pic to reverse the view, cart path should be on the right of the tee box. 

Courses down here are full green (grass wise) with multiple mows already.

We were in Bristol on Monday. The difference between greenup down there vs here is pretty significant.  Of course there are still a few snow piles around here from last Friday. Lol 

• Like 2

On the fence...

Looking at the Euro 12z yesterday and comparing to the 00z last evening ... that's that is/was very poor continuity mid week on for this next week.

Since when is bad run to run consistency a reason to assume the worse of a two scenarios has to be the truth?   

I will say ... in a vacuum, that run won't happen.  Very high confidence in saying so..   It takes a D4 mere "dent", subtending below that SPV up there in northern Manitoba ( or which ever providence that is - I can never remember those for some reason..), and peels it away from the vortex; then, out of no where... where does it get all that mechanical power as it rips a hole clear to magnetosphere over Quebec?   If there could ever be objective criticism of a run, that's it! - or are we just going to go with that - LOL.   Nah, clearly...it fabricates amplitude there. The result does not satisfy the input -

Over and over and over again... this model does this, D4 to 7

It just did this antic regarding later tomorrow... It had a raging cat-paw nor'easter along the eastern NE coast 4 days ago because of its fake introduction of amplitude.  ... I mean, okay it may yet come back. I think it unlikely..  No, it's had to unfurl its bogus curvature correction, in time, to correct for its own error it introduced back when tomorrow was mid range.  I think perhaps it does this surreptitiously ..or too subtle for a lot of people to really notice.  

I suspect its "correction" scheme that works so well everywhere else in the world, may not do so well over this region of North America.  How/whatever they are doing at an operational application aside, the result seems to fold in curved surfaces ...perhaps in an attempt to "smooth" noise?  But unfortunately... that is bad for this particular part of the world.

The perennial pattern of N/A ( the based canvas) is perpetually trying sink the flow S over the Lakes - it's baser forcing that at times is overcome and we see ridging in the east...sure.  But over the longer term, the basal structure dips east of the Rockies.  

It's because of super synoptic torque produced by lifting the ambient westerly motion of the atmosphere over the western N/A high country, with Coriolis. 

But by super-imposing that with the Euro correction washing,  suspect it creates a "synergistic" ... or false constructive interference - adding too much amplitude to troughs kicked down stream of a 110 W.   We cannot trust the Euro here in this region of eastern N/A for that range ... or at least, take those whopper trough bombs with incredulity.  It may be why we don't see it on the ridge side of the anomaly...because ridging by nature of all this is not a tendency so there's no synergy there.  But nerdy and some reading here - sorry ..but for a crew of public users that spends so much of their lives in consternation of the model cinema and what the next scenes will do to them on a personal level ( eh hm...) seem you could benefit from these observations.  I dunno

Anyway, having said all that ...I am on the fence because the PNA is rising in conjunction with a whopper phase 8 MJO tsunamis on the RMM ( both guidance clusters too!) ... and I'm just not sure a cooler regime won't evolve anyway given time.   However, seasonal modulation of R-waves coherence/ .. eddy relaxation of gradient over all, might also interfere with these telecon signals ...

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Gorgeous day 

I know...

I can't wait until we put some of these back-to-back-to-back ... I mean, at least with the temperature aspect.   It's nice to have these one and done days but it's sort of tainted because the you know what's in store

It seems that's the next seasonal maturation point:  not having to turn around the next day and watch it all blast out to see with gale CAA.   I was hoping that with a whiff/ .. or lesser impact and weaker low in general, the backside of Monday would ease off that .. it seems it is. The NAM is down to 27 mph wind gust lower then bald hill tops so it's progress. 

I think the next front in the series later in the week may be more like 80 to 60 as oppose to 70 to 42 though -