Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No one ever said anything like that. You do not live in a warm climate there on the water in E MA. Even in the summer how many days are ruined there by the North Atlantic ? Fortunately we live inland away from it and are looking at a warm week. Enjoy friend!

a warm/quasi-stationary front that is
expected to be draped somewhere across our CWA. This is rather
typical of late April in Southern New England, where the CT
valley tends to be located in the warm sector while coastal
areas are cooler thanks to onshore flow. 

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s what happens when folks use NWS for their weather forecasts 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Nobody ever respects WAA cirrus. Respect the clouds.

Looping the hi res vis ...the cloud production is clearly elevation caused - these have an obvious orographic forcing aspect to them.  It seems perhaps the low level resolution/ topographical featuring is the reason for the error/bust by models ... we have a WNW flow bumping over the elevations blah blah.  Even the NAM's meshing missed this effect:  https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-New_England-02-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looping the hi res vis ...the cloud production is clearly elevation caused - these have an obvious orographic forcing aspect to them.  It seems perhaps the low level resolution/ topographical featuring is the reason for the error/bust by models ... we have a WNW flow bumping over the elevations blah blah.  Even the NAM's meshing missed this effect:  https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-New_England-02-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

Yeah some wave function there, but classic ring around the ridge cirrus ruining beach days in the summer type stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah some wave function there, but classic ring around the ridge cirrus ruining beach days in the summer type stuff. 

Lol... I almost want to split my residency between ...  any-f'um-where-else but here from mid April until late October, then return for winter. 

I bet if you took our specific location and compared it to every other point around the hemisphere at this latitude, we would find that this shit only happens here

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Lol... I almost want to split my residency between ...  any-f'um-where-else but here from mid April until late October, then return for winter. 

I bet if you took our specific location and compared it to every other point around the hemisphere at this latitude, we would find that this shit only happens here

Where are you located?

13 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

15th warmest 26th driest so no, that and your 7 inches of snowfall in mid April lol. Today overall sucked wxwise. 

The 7-day average max on that forecast is 69.7.  My average here for those days is 59.1 and I'd guess BDL's is 65+, so nicely AN but nothing out of the ordinary.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Srn Maine? Nah, no real of rhea there on July 4th. Bigger issue is more downeast maine on humid days.

Right.  At the state parks in S. Maine - Reid, Popham, Crescent Beach - 7/4 might be 75 and clear while it's a sticky 88 and hazy 20 miles to the west.  Of course there's the occasional summertime stratiform mess but that's miserable for all.  Despite a late opening and travel restrictions due to COVID last year, Maine parks crushed the previous record for attendance, including the ones on those beachfront ones.

Just now, tamarack said:

Right.  At the state parks in S. Maine - Reid, Popham, Crescent Beach - 7/4 might be 75 and clear while it's a sticky 88 and hazy 20 miles to the west.  Of course there's the occasional summertime stratiform mess but that's miserable for all.  Despite a late opening and travel restrictions due to COVID last year, Maine parks crushed the previous record for attendance, including the ones on those beachfront ones.

I love Maine. And when I went up to Bar Harbor in June 2015 it was beautiful. 

• Confused 1