Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

LCI had an 80°. :lol:

I'm not sure this backyard home station networking means anything to that discussion - I'm sure he's speaking in deference to 'officiated' results. 

But, I've seen 80 on enough homes stations on Wunder's network a couple of times this month in/along these tucked towns between here (Ayer ) down to Worcester ...to wonder if it's been 80 where civility counts.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm not sure this backyard home station networking means anything to that discussion - I'm sure he's speaking in deference to 'officiated' results. 

But, I've seen 80 on enough homes stations on Wunder's network a couple of times this month in/along these tucked towns between here (Ayer ) down to Worcester ...to wonder if it's been 80 where civility counts.

Yeah probably 4/10? LCI had 81, LEB 79, CON 79, ASH 79, MHT 78...

2 hours ago, jbenedet said:

Where’s @weatherwiz

This looks like a good one for him— for a short trip, that is...

I was never totally enthused with today. 

If something were to happen...as much as I would love to go chase this evening the 2nd shot has knocked me out. Probably going to sleep after work

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

high 79.9 on 4/10 otherwise next highest was 74.. as close as you can get lol

The Euro vs GFS

That mid range is definitively different depending on which guidance one sides with there.   D3.5 - 6 ~   The Euro has smoother, less noisy westerlies riding over the shallow ridge... but it's cleaner and allows less cloud/precip contamination. The GFS's noise with shrapnel trigging everything it can ... seems to culminate in ablating the ridge and heights and thickness S and .. gee, I wonder if we are seeing sort of 'why,' or perhaps the origin in why the GFS tends to lower heights too much on the polar side of the westerlies - it's because it's fabricating too much of ablation from these fractals.  ...interesting.  Whatever the cause, the Euro's less perturbed over deep layer continental laminar warm flow is offering a couple days of 80 out there ... The GFS looks upper 60s and showery.

Mixed opinions on the Euro's extended.   It's got an interior slush and cat-paw coastal thing .. two schools: 

One, it dubiously gets to that set up;  it looks to very predictably do what it tends to do in that range, over amp the flow. It's got a vague trough leading in the mid west, and somehow it doubles its mechanical forcing in the flow without much kinematic roots upstream in the flow - that's the models bias at work...  If so, it'll now spend the next 6 cycles of runs backing off.  

The 2nd thinking is that snow, or atmospheres supporting snow, have occurred in some ten May's since the year 2000. If the last 20 years were the climate inference ...we cannot ignore the possibility altogether.  It's really like the last 20 years suggests we have a 50/50 shot at this in the first two weeks of May at some point or the other, but this particular Euro method won't likely be where/how that comes to pass. 

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah probably 4/10? LCI had 81, LEB 79, CON 79, ASH 79, MHT 78...

Yeah, exactly .. I was 81 at five different home sites within a two clicks of mi casa here in Ayer and while I'd never phone in these dork's station temps ( lol, with love ), ... usually they're representative enough.

I dunno.  It seems when we get those c.h. days ... the tarmac official numbers are an annoying perfunctory 1.4 F below Wunder's mean ...every time. That sorta/form of consistency argues there is an industry standard calibration error on at least once side of that debate. LOL...

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

About .15" in the gauge.   Sun popping out now.  56/45

Same down at this end of Rt poop ...

The southern amorphous 'edge' to this overrunning axis/ceiling shit is like right on the Rt 2 ...  Partly to mostly sunny S;  hate and misery N.

The morning sun is sloped below that tilt axis but as it rises ...if this were to remain fixed it would rise into the ceiling and we'd end up cloudy by 5 miles - LOL... I'm pretty sure the memo is going around to make sure that happens... Make sure our barred window vantage peers out of from a cold clammy cell, over-looking a parade of sun -bathed sexy celebrities and free spirited joyous good looking people eating noodle salad...

But, like yesterday cleaned out with the sun apparently helping to homogenize...I'm wondering if we may see some improvements along this axis ...and the southern extend of it gets more fractured with sky lights and so forth. 

This air mass here is unusual for NE of warm fronts at the end of April.  Normal climate has a +PP N ...that came in around 4 pm yesterday...and flags are still wobbling under low level slate strata just enough to know that we are in a prison.  That didn't happen. There is no high up north intruding.  The 00z Euros surface pressure pattern really spreads out more of a 'COL' north of the warm front - basically non- descript forcing so light and variable wind, which isn't transporting cold and rhea...  I'm curious how the sun interacts with this air mass -

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

ridge building in. And thanks to deep mixing and higher sun angle
for early May, temperatures should rebound pretty quickly to just a
tad below seasonal levels (low to mid 60s for early May). Not bad
considering the brief shot of late winter chill!

Deep summer.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Mr. sun....sun....Mr. golden sun....please shine down on me!

Good morning CW, I reread your post while listening to the Johnny Cash rendition of ‘You Are My Sunshine’. That made for a great end to the morning. As always ...

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just checking in while I’m eating lunch in the hot sun on the deck , tanning a bit. Still 3 hours of heating . How’s your day going?

5GLnN1N.png

Nice warm sector.

Tanning in overcast with dew in the 40’s.

Weenie rage.

How is my weather ? Very similar to what’s in your back yard as it should be. 60’s and mostly cloudy—the sensible weather is quite similar for the two of us, being we’re both outside of the warm sector.

• Weenie 1