• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Woke up to 22f and 2.3 inches of snow.  Hopefully the fruit tree crops (apple, pear, plum) will be fine as they were very close to having the flowers opening.

Big question now is if I will get the .4 inches needed to get me to 80 inches on the season.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

An awful winter run this morning .. full winter gear. Dusting of snow on colder surfaces like grass, mulch, roofs, wind, 28.4 and flurries falling the whole time 

That's why you run in the late afternoons, seasonally ... you know? switch to mornings after Memorial Day -  

I can't personally run in anything less than 55 F because I hate and despise all of humanity for smite.   It makes me angry....  SO, I'd rather pod-casts and iTunes ... and just accept that I'll hang out on the treadmill, and hope there's eye-candy clicking past at the gym that day.  I know what ur gonna say ...blah blah treadmills make you hate and despise all of humanity for smite and makes you angry.  

Do you use that Gor-tex thermal sweat activation runner's garb ?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That's why you run in the late afternoons, seasonally ... you know? switch to mornings after Memorial Day -  

I can't personally run in anything less than 55 F because I hate and despise all of humanity for smite.   It makes me angry....  SO, I'd rather pod-casts and iTunes ... and just accept that I'll hang out on the treadmill, and hope there's eye-candy clicking past at the gym that day.  I know what ur gonna say ...blah blah treadmills make you hate and despise all of humanity for smite and makes you angry.  

I have the moisture wicking material . Dri fit stuff. Multiple layers. I like to get the exercise done first thing in AM. Life is far too busy to fit it in later.

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Tip,  I pray you never wake to the fact that you should charge for unintentional counseling.

• Haha 2

I wish Pivotal or any like free sources came out with a lamp that when you rubbed it, you got wishes ...like total polar mercadal layouts of EPS' products -

Maybe we can talk the American WX site owner(s) into allocating some of that ad-banner monies go to hiring some some Russian cyber-spies to hack into the ECMWF Orgs system ?? 

In any case, what a seasonal flash over the hemisphere across that 00z technology that I can find.

...I think a lot of these sites, regardless of their 'free-ness' are owned and coded by morons.

I don't care what their personal espoused and/or publicly recognized Meteorological acumen really is - or if either is even meritus ... their product suites suck giant donkey balls.

TT is an idiot.  That guy/gal does not get how to do cross guidance model comparisons, which is a hugely essential concept and practice in deterministic weather forecasting - because his images force the viewer to always look at the latest hourly release - which f*s up any continuity when going back and forth.  It's stupid shit like that... Or the cut-away graphics with no global perspectives? ...  Why doesn't that site show more of the upstream and down stream hemisphere ? - it shows just the "entire Cosmos" of the U.S., because of course there's no world of kinematic mechanics going on that ultimately determines the self-centered space of the U.S., huh? 

It either shows:  A, a defined lack of integral synoptic reasoning and understanding; or B,  the product's source is free, so he/she renders what the free source gives... But, seeing as the product suite overall trips you up by sending you to the most recent panel no matter what - which is boneheaded and childish and demos he/she doesn't get continuity fundamentals .. - I wonder if these are all cut-aways and tossing out the most important pieces.

It's not just TT ... other sites do stupid stuff like that. 

• Confused 2

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

In any case, what a seasonal flash over the hemisphere it looks like just based on the hemispheric fragments we do get ...I think a lot of these sites, regardless of there 'free-ness' are owned and coded by morons.

I don't care what their personal espoused and/or publicly recognized Meteorological acumen really is - or if either is even meritus ... their product suites suck giant donkey balls.

We flash over to thongs next week. Maybe even general flashing?

• Haha 4

Yup... this still looks that way, like we are about to enter a definitive and coherent either pattern change, or, (pattern change + seasonal step out)/2 happening to coincide - so the totality looks really like a different planet than anything we've seen in guidance since perhaps last August. We haven't observed +13C 850s in an off-shore flow, under 564 dm thickness yet this year...

That is what the bevy of the 'more dependable/ materialized guidance types' are signaling in two eras over the next week 12 days.   The front in between even looks more like a late April front, and not a -3 SD wrong air mass for a change...It looks crispy TCUs and crackling skies with heavy rains ... back to 70s the next day, with even more warm up.  The Euro has a +18C as others have noted. The GFS had that yesterday .... and still carries vestiges but now the Euro is hitting that look for D9.  Meanwhile the GGEM has 570 dm thickness plume doing the diurnal pulsing from DCA to PWM around that same time - that's probably deep heat in the troposphere doing that, modulated by diurnal solar...etc  

Most can tell for themselves at this point, today's cold belly blow is probably the last of it...    at least until winter normally begins on May 9 :arrowhead:

I'm not complete sold on the idea we won't hate a period in May.  The PNA is back positive D10 from the GEFs and the MJO may actually succeed in making it through Phase 8 this time - plus we have a strong typhoon recurving ...granted at a lowish angular latitude ... The wave lengths are already shortening however, so I'm not sure if these signals will parlay the same way as in the winter, when the R-wave geometry correlates better. 

29 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

In any case, what a seasonal flash over the hemisphere across that 00z technology that I can find.

...I think a lot of these sites, regardless of their 'free-ness' are owned and coded by morons.

TT is an idiot.  That guy/gal does not get how to do cross guidance model comparisons, which is a hugely essential concept and practice in deterministic weather forecasting - because his images force the viewer to always look at the latest hourly release - which f*s up any continuity when going back and forth.  It's stupid shit like that... Or the cut-away graphics with no global perspectives? ...  Why doesn't that site show more of the upstream and down stream hemisphere ? - it shows just the "entire Cosmos" of the U.S., because of course there's no world of kinematic mechanics going on that ultimately determines the self-centered space of the U.S., huh? 

It either shows:  A, a defined lack of integral synoptic reasoning and understanding; or B,  the product's source is free, so he/she renders what the free source gives... But, seeing as the product suite overall trips you up by sending you to the most recent panel no matter what - which is boneheaded and childish and demos he/she doesn't get continuity fundamentals .. - I wonder if these are all cut-aways and tossing out the most important pieces.

It's not just TT ... other sites do stupid stuff like that. 

I think you might have to look at the site options a little bit more.  

I'd like to see you code something before you call anyone a moron too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I feel like last May we got to near 522 thicknesses.

I'm sure we did....the first half of that month sucked. On that snowy morning we had a burst that dropped it to 29F with +SN and some drifting. I've never felt anything like that in May before. Usually it's just a 33F paste with lighter winds.

• Like 1

That transition from Monday to Wednesday afternoon is going to be striking - one of the best summer entry in terms of rare abruptness I've seen since that 2009 ...when we had that warm front dislodge 44 F type BD/ N-door air masses, with a near 90 ...I think it was early May and it's so utterly in-germaine to anyone that no one will remember it - Lol ...But, just being fictional to make the point: we had like 44 F...then the next day, 55 with pingers in that ultra dry air sleet that sometimes falls at 51 in the spring, then it was 88 the next afternoon...

Not saying that's going to happen,... but I could see it going from a deep backside CAA windy Monday ( tho not as cold as today thank god!), to flag wobbling WSW wind at 82 on Wednesday ...  It'd be like getting on a flight in a cold anus known as New England, and landing in San Diego Cali  going between those two days next week. That abrupt transitional affect/look has been in the guidance very consistently too.