• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Stormheartgypsy
    Newest Member
    Stormheartgypsy

March 2021 Discobs

5 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Saw three big flocks of geese booking north. Easily a couple hundred. Spring is here.

heard some earlier too! 

windows are opened. hoping to wrap up a little more work so i can get outside with the dog and enjoy the beautiful weather. 

7 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

72, sun through high clouds. Don't even care...awesome afternoon.

Tempted to hit the local tiki bar after work...but promised the gf I wouldnt drink this week:arrowhead:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

72, sun through high clouds. Don't even care...awesome afternoon.

Shorts and t shirt. Time to tackle some yard work 

70.1° currently

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Shorts and t shirt. Time to tackle some yard work 

70.1° currently

I kicked a couple pieces of errant mulch back into the front garden bed while retrieving the trash cans...does that count?  ;)  Yard work is a great excuse to be out there today, not that you need one!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

I kicked a couple pieces of errant mulch back into the front garden bed while retrieving the trash cans...does that count?  ;)  Yard work is a great excuse to be out there today, not that you need one!

yes it does count. 

I got a splinter while fixing some stuff. Filing workmen’s comp and thinking of suing. Still nice outside. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Tempted to hit the local tiki bar after work...but promised the gf I wouldnt drink this week:arrowhead:

You picked the wrong week for no drinks!

10 minutes ago, snowfan said:

30 mi bike ride. Gorgeous weather. Everyone outside. Now it can snow again. Lol.

Nice! I got in a 25 miler. Great day though the headwind was a bit h.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You picked the wrong week for no drinks!

Nice! I got in a 25 miler. Great day though the headwind was a bit h.

Yeah, thats the thing about spring. Just gotta deal with the damn wind. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, snowfan said:

Yeah, thats the thing about spring. Just gotta deal with the damn wind. 

I told my friend, “Anyone that’s every exclaimed in early spring, “What a great day!,” has never ridden into a March headwind.”

Regardless, I’m looking forward to the rest of the week and watching Denver’s snowstorm from afar,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I told my friend, “Anyone that’s every exclaimed in early spring, “What a great day!,” has never ridden into a March headwind.”

Regardless, I’m looking forward to the rest of the week and watching Denver’s snowstorm from afar,

Start peddling that 1985 Schwinn 10 speed tonight . You should make it to Denver by Friday. :bike:...

Unless you don't :yikes:

• Haha 2

Always good for warmth in March when you start the day in the mid 40s:thumbsup:. Today might be a couple degrees cooler than yesterday but winds will probably be lighter. Then we aim for maybe the mid to upper 70s tomorrow?

• Like 2

Cool morning again but will be a great day.  Afternoon will be busy with more outside stuff around the house.

61...just delightful outside...tomorrow even better. Pefect firepit/bonfire nights tonight and tomorrow...well other than the dry conditions that increase fire risk if youre a dummy:lol:

48 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

74, clear conditions. Perfect.

Another great evening to fire up the grill.  I’d love for this stretch of weather to continue all month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s been nice. Took the kids to Christmas Tree Park in Manchester. Last of the snow hanging by a thread today...

QfoWHcl.jpg

I loved going there as a kid.  We would play baseball all afternoon in the summers and ride bikes through the woods.   I even helped a friend with his Eagle Scout project there when he created a trail from the pavillions down to the pond...I wonder if it is still there? 

19 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

I loved going there as a kid.  We would play baseball all afternoon in the summers and ride bikes through the woods.   I even helped a friend with his Eagle Scout project there when he created a trail from the pavillions down to the pond...I wonder if it is still there? 

They put in a skate park between the pavilions and the pond. 

3 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

It was nice out the sun felt good but was really warm...summer is going to be hideous I think 

No doubt another season of high heat will be tough to take.  It's the only type of weather we are guaranteed every year.  Gets harder the older I get.

• Like 1