• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 2021 Discobs

nj2va

Obviously Im not invested because it wont happen in my area, nor is it a big deal for any area outside of the mountains but for sake of fun (or argument:lol:) looks like 12z GFS backing off some on changeover to snow chances outside of the high terrain. Still a slight chance I guess for fellas like losetoa6 but meh.

22 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I was a little skeptical of the amount of rain the mesoscale models were putting down, but it looks like they are right.  Already about a half inch and moderate to heavy rain currently.

Same here, I wasn't buying the totals on those but it's legit pouring here.  I had to take the dog to the vet in Vienna around lunch and the drive back on 66/Beltway was dicey between construction on 66, traffic, and pouring rain.

7 hours ago, frd said:

Another 1 inch plus event , seems anything less than an inch is rare these days, that counts Winter and summer, spring and fall. Sucks ! 

When you are driving around look at your lawns and and woods and see the new establishment of evasive weeds and rough house blue grass, taking over golf courses and manicured lawns. Very interesting. Onion grass also making a comeback as top soils erode and the moisture and feedback cycle supports these new weeds and grasses. 

I def noticed bunch of garbage around recently. I was about to ask about this 

One potential bit of sneakiness for tomorrow:   while most guidance seems to have backed off on the chances of the early morning precip ending as a period of wet snow (although it still seems like a few mangled flakes are possible north and northwest of DC), they are more bullish on the idea of some showers in the afternoon as the upper trough axis swings through, especially on the west side of DC.   If you squint at the  P-type maps, you can see a little blue in the heavier cores, and the forecast soundings have very low freezing levels and a little bit of instability.    I would not be surprised to see some heavier graupel (or even briefly wet snow) showers around.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 7.29.44 PM.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yep...definitely noticed that .Thanks for showing . Hrrr still showing a chance overnight in heavier band cores  of possible burst of white paste . Catoctins have the best shot

hrrr-dc-refc_ptype-7264000.png

So question is, are you gonna be up at 4am so you can see it?:lol:

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah. Not like many people in this forum will see April snow anyway though so whatevs 

Most years it will snow here in April, even if it’s just flurries or a snow shower. Just not a fan myself.

But my shovel is oiled and ready for tomorrow’s whiteout LOL.

17 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Why do you continue to post in the obs thread . I thought you canceled winter on Feb 28th . Its just a chance of some wet snow and probably the last of the season.  If you are not interested then move on . 

I did cancel it and it was a hell of a good call. Most of this forum hasn’t seen any winter precip or any kind of extended winter cold since that date. I still post cuz it’s weather and it’s discussion. Maybe you can admit my call was actually a good one?

27 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I did cancel it and it was a hell of a good call. Most of this forum hasn’t seen any winter precip or any kind of extended winter cold since that date. I still post cuz it’s weather and it’s discussion. Maybe you can admit my call was actually a good one?

It was. Very unusual to have a March without snow

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It was. Very unusual to have a March without snow

Yes. Of course we could have lucked into something with our March history but it seemed fairly clear that the first couple weeks of March would feature above normal temps and below normal precip. Not good for snow. And after mid March snow chances decrease dramatically so that’s why I made the call, but of course I got criticized for it in here and still do but whatevs. People can live in fairytale land if they want to 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic