Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
March 2021 Discobs

nj2va

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Sitting out on the patio with a beer - actually considering throwing a pair of shorts on it feels so warm in full sun.

Glorious day, deep blue skies, holding at 49...little breezy, but bearable. Just returned from a 4.5 mile walk with my wife and the doggo, doing two loops on the perimeter path of the newly reopened (to non-essential DoD personnel anyway) U.S. Coast Guard C5I service center just off Telegraph Road in Alexandria. First time in the past year that the dog has been able to be off the lead for a big chunk of her walk and she had the time of her life.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Low of 23 overnight, currently 25 and clear. Frost this morning appears thicker than some of our "traces" of recorded snow this past season.

Last below freezing night for a little while at least!  Maybe a long while for us east of fall line folks.

• Like 2

I got weeds growing already.  Goddamn chickweed.  But this nice warm weather will let me get the yard cleaned up and work on some things I need to fix.  Car washing week as well.  Hoopties look like doo doo.

Chilly morning today tho.  This will be a day with like a 30 degree temp swing from morning to afternoon

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, H2O said:

I got weeds growing already.  Goddamn chickweed.  But this nice warm weather will let me get the yard cleaned up and work on some things I need to fix.  Car washing week as well.  Hoopties look like doo doo.

Chilly morning today tho.  This will be a day with like a 30 degree temp swing from morning to afternoon

Chickweed never stopped growing I think. Need colder temps to nuke it. Not as bad as last year though when I had mounds of it in all my mulch beds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nj2va said:

My daffodils will definitely bloom this week with the warm weather.  Buds look ready to open.

We have a few on the south side of our house that are close. But around the area, most daffodils aren’t particularly close to blooming.

2 hours ago, H2O said:

I'm glad to learn the name of this motha- *cough* plant! My south and southwest beds are chickweed farms apparently. The honey bees from the neighbor's hive are enjoying it until I pull them and cover that bed this week.

• Like 1

Speaking of cold temps and "nuking", yesterday, as I was walking out of Giant (Rock Spring Shopping center) I saw a fly, yes a FLY!  Big one too, it was kind of circling around on the parking lot couldn't decide if it wanted to fly in circles getting nowhere or bug out! :P

With no real arctic outbreak for us we're probably in for a doozy of a bug season.  On top of a mega billion cicada march! 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic