• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

I mean I hate any sentiment that 'wishes the time away,' but even I have to fend off the notion of 'just get us to next Sunday,' when looking over this 12z Euro...

Man, that is the first top 10 day of the year arriving into spring... Might even qualify top 5er in that look.

It's like 68 F, and under unabated sun and just barely noticeable WNW drift to the air .. it'd just be like an opium nap out there - 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I mean I hate any sentiment that 'wishes the time away,' but even I have to fend off the notion of 'just get us to next Sunday,' when looking over this 12z Euro...

Man, that is the first top 10 day of the year arriving into spring... Might even qualify top 5er in that look.

It's like 68 F, and under unabated sun and just barely noticeable WNW drift to the air .. it'd just be like an opium nap out there - 

Yeah...I will gladly suffer through this Monday if we can get that 7-10 day to verify.

• Like 3

Just now, dendrite said:

Yeah...I will gladly suffer through this Monday if we can get that 7-10 day to verify.

I mean.. . my god... It's like 3 days in the top 3 -

The biggest fear is that it's D6 to 10 so it's like the antithesis of the D8 bomb.  Lol -

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I mean.. . my god... It's like 3 days in the top 3 -

The biggest fear is that it's D6 to 10 so it's like the antithesis of the D8 bomb.  Lol -

Yeah...we'll see how the EPS looks, but that's a monster trough building into the western US so at least there's some upper level support for a prolonged big warm up. We'll probably be under a trough on the 00z run though.

• Like 1

vis has been fluctuating between 1/4 and 1/2 mi here for 20 min -

strange "squall" ... it's not really accumulating efficiently ..really at all. Melting on contact but ground starting to feather.  Oh, okay - looks to finally be easing up now.

So tomorrow is brutal ... I was just looking at the 12z TI numbers of the NAM for Logan and they are -12 C !   10F over a bare ground in mid March... it's relatively rare to get that cold there anyway, but this is getting late and doing so with little/no cryo help ...

But, it's also just 12 hours and it's shucked seaward.  It's a testament to the general telecon layout not really supporting this air mass - and they haven't really ... - that it can't sustain.  It's sort of a anomalous drive-by face smack - LOL.