Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 10-12, 2021 Winter Event

MN Transplant

3 minutes ago, baltimoreguy said:

So worried for you up until the moment of your inevitable jackpot 

I’m just analyzing the run. The second wave doesn’t gain any latitude. Not a forecast. Just a factual statement of this run. And Baltimore gets screwed by it so...think you would care about the observation. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Such a narrow band of snow.  Sheesh. 

D9781271-970C-4B72-A898-819D1B1EAAE9.png

And yet I am still barely out if it an at my elevation of 1550’ NW of Staunton.  

I will take my chances, given my local climo, and also give a bit more weight to the Euro than the NAM for the medium timeframe (until Friday).  I think I see a decent amount of accumulating snow, and that makes this former Yankee very happy.

Big picture is we are all tracking snow.  Lucky us! 

I will be absolutely stunned if this works out for most of us. I feel like I've seen these wave scenarios before and they almost always fail here. Getting hit by both is almost impossible. The wave either ends up juiced up and goes north or you get it but precip if paltry. The Euro solution where we get close to a foot sounds amazing but so unrealistic.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, SnowCane said:

It’s amazing how pessimistic people here get when one model shows a little less snow. Every model agrees that it’s going to snow this week, it’s just a matter of how much.  Let’s enjoy that. 

It's beyond amazing.  It's stunning, that's why I've stayed off and relaxed until now.  They don't even wait to see if it's a trend.  Remember the NAM at 6z?  And then 12z was a cave to the Euro.  It is what it is and complaining about it won't change they pathology of this forum.  

Anyway, weather related, if we smooth things out, we're all gonna see Warning criteria. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I will be absolutely stunned if this works out for most of us. I feel like I've seen these wave scenarios before and they almost always fail here. Getting hit by both is almost impossible. The wave either ends up juiced up and goes north or you get it but precip if paltry. The Euro solution where we get close to a foot sounds amazing but so unrealistic.

I think anyone expecting the euro clown map numbers will likely be let down. These kinds of weak non amplifying overrunning waves historically put down 2-4 or 3-6”.  The euro was getting those crazy totals by training the moisture feed over the same places for 48 hours and unrealistic ratios. Both are unlikely.  But it could be a nice solid snowfall and sometimes you get lucky and these are more but banking on 8”+ from this kind of synoptic setup is setting yourself up to be disappointed again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic