Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday Feb 9th Snow

HoarfrostHubb

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

First middle and last call from all of us at the ECTWX Center. 5 to 8 on a line from Danbury Ct through the Mastiff up to Lowell Mass to include all of a line west of that in CT,Mass  Southern 1/4 NH and Vt. 3 to 6 East and South of that line to the Cape Canal, sorry James

Yeah agreed overall.. though I have a gut the jacks are south of 90 and not north . Either way . another good snowstorm for all

This just feels like a system that's going to follow the natural baroclinic zone along the coastline.  It's not a strong storm and forcing is relatively weak.

This would bring the mixing right along the coastline, cape/islands and slightly inland.

This brings the best banding right along the Pike region north and south.

• Like 2

Heres our first call map for the snow event tomorrow. I've been crazy busy catching up on this last storm verification maps and totals i haven't been able to look to close at this one. I left it up to my partners @Sey-Mour Snow @BuildingScienceWx for the forecast. Here is what they're thinking at the moment...

I also made a totals map for the Feb 7th snowstorm and town-by-town totals map, ill post that in the obs thread. Ill likely be updating the seasonal snowfall map so dont forget to update your totals on New England Snow :)

02_08.21_jdj_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.acb01f3bd248e85404d15c7639fded44.jpg02_08.21_jdj_northeast_overview.thumb.jpg.4f7aeb98112400f122ca667e8b158784.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

This just feels like a system that's going to follow the natural baroclinic zone along the coastline.  It's not a strong storm and forcing is relatively weak.

This would bring the mixing right along the coastline, cape/islands and slightly inland.

I agree.....I think the best "banding" signal, which is weak, is between the pike and NH border.

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Agreed the best banding looks like I-90 south to about the HFD area. That’s the cross hair sig.