Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday Feb 9th Snow

HoarfrostHubb

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

See, I do not mind the moderate events in this pattern.

Its when I get 5" with bare ground and nothing else in site that leaves something to be desired. I don't need a bomb in this pattern, though obviously one would be preferred anytime beyond Monday.

Same....I'll take frequent light to moderate events in a cold pattern with sustained pack.  Now, get to 3/10 or so, and let's go KU or go torch.  

Tuesday...

Shortwave trough approaches from the west increasing the forcing
for ascent. The result will be snow overspreading the region
from west to east Tuesday morning and continuing for much of
the afternoon. There is some modest lift indicated in the
snowgrowth region and the warm advection developing over the
cold dome supports widespread accumulating snow for most of
southern New England. After coordination with surrounding
offices, opted to hold off on Winter Weather Headlines with this
package but they will likely be needed. Ptype should mainly be
snow, except perhaps near the south coast, Cape and Islands
where some boundary layer warmth may result in a change to rain.

Current indications are for a general 2 to 5 inches of snow
across the region on Tuesday. The one thing will need to watch
is a weak wave of low pressure passing to our south. There is a
southwest LLJ on the order of 35 to 45 knots. If this wave can
setup some sort of low level boundary, it is not out of the
question for localized higher snow amounts. Something will have
to keep an eye on over the next 24 hours. Regardless, another
accumulating snow event is on the way.

29 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

See, I do not mind the moderate events in this pattern.

Its when I get 5" with bare ground and nothing else in site that leaves something to be desired. I don't need a bomb in this pattern, though obviously one would be preferred anytime beyond Monday.

This.  Just need refreshers.

8 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I think you breaked.  Come back.

Nah. Go big or go home. VT can have this useless 1-2” every 3 days garbage. 6”+ is a different story. The pattern we’ve been in is just annoying.

Anyway...not much to add beyond Will, Scoot, et al. Could be a little stripe in MA around warning criteria while we manage 1.7” of salt and sugar. I’m a little anal with how I clean up the snow so I’m a bit frustrated, but it is what it is. It’s a nice little run for SNE.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Nah. Go big or go home. VT can have this useless 1-2” every 3 days garbage. 6”+ is a different story. The pattern we’ve been in is just annoying.

Anyway...not much to add beyond Will, Scoot, et al. Could be a little stripe in MA around warning criteria while we manage 1.7” of salt and sugar. I’m a little anal with how I clean up the snow so I’m a bit frustrated, but it is what it is. It’s a nice little run for SNE.

I generally agree with you.  But for some reason I am just loving this period of winter and the snow building of the snow pack with the regular refreshers.  Maybe it the isolation and the lack travel, which means I have a lot of free time to just be, and be outside for long walks.  I'm hoping we get 4 tomorrow and then maybe a larger one like the Euro is teasing, for Sunday-Monday, as a big storm on top of this pack would be nice.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I generally agree with you.  But for some reason I am just loving this period of winter and the snow building of the snow pack with the regular refreshers.  Maybe it the isolation and the lack travel, which means I have a lot of free time to just be, and be outside for long walks.  I'm hoping we get 4 tomorrow and then maybe a larger one like the Euro is teasing, for Sunday-Monday, as a big storm on top of this pack would be nice.

I’m just being a little bitchy. It isn’t that bad. I’ve chosen to shovel/broom these light events to keep the driveway a bit exposed and limit the ice buildup and it’s a decent workout. As I’ve said before, if the alternative is below zero and dry I’ll take this right through the rest of the month. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

And this part of winter is actually positively conducive to mental health for a lot of people. By the 2nd week of Feb the sunlight and day length increase dramatically promoting positive mood.... which in our case is amplified by large snows 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think we will see the insane band that we had yesterday....fronto seems to be virtually non-existent.

This is what I was referring to...if we had any fronto whatsoever, there would be another death band.

25 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Tuesday...

Shortwave trough approaches from the west increasing the forcing
for ascent. The result will be snow overspreading the region
from west to east Tuesday morning and continuing for much of
the afternoon. There is some modest lift indicated in the
snowgrowth region and the warm advection developing over the
cold dome supports widespread accumulating snow for most of
southern New England. After coordination with surrounding
offices, opted to hold off on Winter Weather Headlines with this
package but they will likely be needed. Ptype should mainly be
snow, except perhaps near the south coast, Cape and Islands
where some boundary layer warmth may result in a change to rain.

Current indications are for a general 2 to 5 inches of snow
across the region on Tuesday. The one thing will need to watch
is a weak wave of low pressure passing to our south. There is a
southwest LLJ on the order of 35 to 45 knots. If this wave can
setup some sort of low level boundary, it is not out of the
question for localized higher snow amounts. Something will have
to keep an eye on over the next 24 hours. Regardless, another
accumulating snow event is on the way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IowaStorm05 said:

And this part of winter is actually positively conducive to mental health for a lot of people. By the 2nd week of Feb the sunlight and day length increase dramatically promoting positive mood.... which in our case is amplified by large snows 

As sun angle goes up, moods go down lol

• Confused 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

First middle and last call from all of us at the ECTWX Center. 5 to 8 on a line from Danbury Ct through the Mastiff up to Lowell Mass to include all of a line west of that in CT,Mass  Southern 1/4 NH and Vt. 3 to 6 East and South of that line to the Cape Canal, sorry James

British Mastiff or Tibetian Mastiff?

26 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah if it wasn’t for skiing maybe it’s different?  I dunno I still love watching it snow a little every day.  Snowy evenings like 4-5 days a week.

But I also don’t detail the property and vegetation on it.  Just shovel out the dog paths once in a while so she can move around and the path out to the snow board.  I don’t do anything for the 1-4” fluffs except enjoy watching them.