Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

7 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I will send cash money to the first mod that band the next person who asks if we can start a thread.

I don’t care if March ‘93 is coming. Don’t start a thread outside of 36 hours.

Historically we’ve stated most threads 2-3 days before an event. I get that models have not been able to pinpoint exact locations of heaviest precip but when you have 2 events in 4 days it makes threads easier to read.

31 minutes ago, notvirga! said:

Historically we’ve stated most threads 2-3 days before an event. I get that models have not been able to pinpoint exact locations of heaviest precip but when you have 2 events in 4 days it makes threads easier to read.

Tradition needs to die. We have to try something. Not one event has trended better. Let’s try a different method. 

• Like 1

Just spitballing here. But Would any of you mets like to do a zoom session, I know, I'm sick of zoom too, on the 101 of models. Then perhaps another session on the Mid-Atlantic climo? I admit, I'm a longtime lurker/poster, but have gotten lazy and just look at the pretty pictures you guys post. I'm a visual person. But I guess it would help to understand what I'm looking at to either discount what the model is saying or to trust it. Broadstrokes are fine. Maybe 30 minutes or so. 

Edit, then perhaps we can post the session on the site for reference. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, adelphi_sky said:

Just spitballing here. But Would any of you mets like to do a zoom session, I know, I'm sick of zoom too, on the 101 of models. Then perhaps another session on the Mid-Atlantic climo? I admit, I'm a longtime lurker/poster, but have gotten lazy and just look at the pretty pictures you guys post. I'm a visual person. But I guess it would help to understand what I'm looking at to either discount what the model is saying or to trust it. Broadstrokes are fine. Maybe 30 minutes or so. 

Edit, then perhaps we can post the session on the site for reference. 

I was just sharing a similar sentiment about reading models in the other thread. I had suggested somebody making a YouTube video or something, lol It's a bit difficult to find this stuff just by searching the internet. I know I'm a person who needs to see the pictures (and in motion, in some cases) so it can make sense how things move and interact.

21 minutes ago, Kleimax said:

Oklahoma can get a foot of snow, but we can’t. FFS

6A89E5CC-9E30-4EDC-A8B5-66675630E45D.jpeg

you wanna know what is even crazier? If memphis actually can get 6+ inches from that.  I lived there from 1996 - 2009. It was EXCEEDINGLY hard to get real snow into Memphis. They were forever missing it in all directions but just a county or two. A foot of snow there with cold temps would be crippling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Some posters would be disappointed in March ‘93. 

Talk about a nightmare.  I lived in Calvert for that and we got 5 or so inches of wet snow followed by driving rain and a spike to 52 degrees.  Watching news coverage from N&W of the city was heart breaking.  It played a role in me picking NW suburbs when I locked into a long-term job based in DC.  I just didn't go quite far enough NW.

30 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

getting old sucks...pretty sure I just tore my rotator cuff throwing a snowball

Sorry to hear about the rotator cuff. It may limit some of your favorite nightly activities. 48 is young. I can still do it 4 or 5 times a day....... throwing snowballs that is

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic