Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

14 hours ago, kgottwald said:

Or a Yellowstone supervolcano eruption.

I wonder what the climate around here was like in 20,000 BC when the glaciers reached to Central PA.

image.thumb.png.8e036c0e29ae3ea8a4cf2392ce0f73e7.png

image.thumb.png.6c85d96c89b3829c0b267c9a9e4ebd93.png

About -20C avg temp in DC in Jan. 100-150mm of liquid equivalent on average. So 3-4". Big powder bombs are a weekly event with that kind of persistent tendency for jet split. Only issue? It never really gets that warm in the summer. Maybe 40s and 50s in July on average.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Absolutely! I'll take destructive weather year round.

Glad the NAM came back around to the ice idea. Hopefully it's not some lame coating. I want to hear stuff smashing.

Outside of a light glaze, eff ice storms.

Luckily, despite what models often advertise, it rarely materializes over here. This upcoming week is going to be a waste of prime snow climo in the end. Goddam Nina.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Something is and has been coming over last 10 days and for next 4. Models have not known what nor where and will not so neither do or will we. Looks like significant arctic plunge was a bust also even if two days for upper 20’s high upcoming A new method is desperately needed and I have the answer. 

puff puff pass, bro

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

Not sure why trolling?

Should I feel guilty...remain silent...show empathy...enjoy reading Ji moan and groan...ehoffman come out of hiding and piss on everything or can I enjoy the snow i have in banter? Asking for a friend...I'll hang up and wait for the answer. 

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Outside of a light glaze, eff ice storms.

Luckily, despite what models often advertise, it rarely materializes over here. This upcoming week is going to be a waste of prime snow climo in the end. Goddam Nina.

All three ensembles have a pattern change to above normal temperatures after the 20th. I believe winter is over the last week of february barring another blocking episode. 

15 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Should I feel guilty...remain silent...show empathy...enjoy reading Ji moan and groan...ehoffman come out of hiding and piss on everything or can I enjoy the snow i have in banter? Asking for a friend...I'll hang up and wait for the answer. 

I just think it could be a little more directed.  Call them out like you just did but in your first post.  Cause it made it sound like it was more blanket and I hate being lumped in with the real debs.  Thats all.  I'll see myself out and not comment any more for a while.

26 minutes ago, H2O said:

I just think it could be a little more directed.  Call them out like you just did but in your first post.  Cause it made it sound like it was more blanket and I hate being lumped in with the real debs.  Thats all.  I'll see myself out and not comment any more for a while.

Hope you get dumped on soon man

39 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

All three ensembles have a pattern change to above normal temperatures after the 20th. I believe winter is over the last week of february barring another blocking episode. 

Hopefully that holds and last until May. Then some cooler then average temps. I hate cold March and Aprils. I hope this stupid block breaks down soon.

7 hours ago, Jebman said:

Even down here in South Central Texas - its cold, highs in the low 30s about 30 degrees below normal with frzra.

Its really surreal to see trees down here frosted with ice! It was even more surreal tonight when I went outside on the damn deck and fell right on my ass from ice accretion! Fortunately, I did not get injured. My neighbor saw it because the porch light was on and she laughed her ass off. She was positively rollicking with laughter over the spectacle of me falling on my butt on ice so far removed from northerly climes here in South central Texas.

This is the second winter weather event this winter. We usually only get one, which is usually about a quarter inch of  sleet. The event on Jan 10 was 2 inches of wet snow. Today we ended up with an eighth of an inch of ice. That wind was brutal, wind chills to 14. I am not used to this like I used to be lol.

Normal temps are 61 for a high and 44 for a low.

Weren't any doorbell cams around to see it was it? Lol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic