Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

18Z HRRR drives the primary up into OH. Dryslots everyone after that. 3 or 4 inches with the waa. Looks like a typical Miller B for my area. 

Transfers off Chincoteague at hour 36. 

I know that’s the fail option and it’s NEVER off the table in a miller b but not sure I’d use the hrrr at that range.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CAPE said:

34/11

Probable outcome for my yard-

Cold powder to wet snow, sleet, snizzle, and drizzle, a dryslot, then some rain, wet snow and maybe cold powder on the back end.

Let's git it.

Some rain = how much? Seems like after last nights model hiccup things went more favorable for us again. I got a little too anxious and was even sweating in my shower.

Any sleet is better than rain.

• Like 3

Just now, JakkelWx said:

Some rain = how much? Seems like after last nights model hiccup things went more favorable for us again. I got a little too anxious and was even sweating in my shower.

Any sleet is better than rain.

Dunno. We will warm above 0 at 850 for a time, so it all depends on how much warming we see at the surface, and how much precip falls during that period. All guidance has us at least into the mid 30s on Monday. 

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I know that’s the fail option and it’s NEVER off the table in a miller b but not sure I’d use the hrrr at that range.  

Oh. I sure hope it's wrong. But I dont like a short term model showing exactly what we would normally expect form a Miller B either. It does sit and spin off of OC through the rest of the run and back builds from there though. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

At 29 hours there’s a lot more Precip ashore in eastern NC and VA, I wonder if that bodes well for coastal impacts. 

Another clue is that band in WV/OH because it’s being caused by the same fgen boundary that will eventually become the deformation axis as the upper low and dying primary move east. Seeing that not blast up into Ohio and central PA is a good thing. 

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic