Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

This is true. Luckily, the storm is juiced and waa typicslly saturates the column without too much loss . Models take that into account so it's not a big concern. Not in the same universe as a clipper coming over the apps. Radar loop looks like my yard gets hit solid but if my yard sneezed all my snow would be gone. 

For sure. I’ll have a little more time in the AM before it starts snowing compared to the rest of you, so hopefully my dew is decent by then. Then again, I don’t care at this point to worry about it. It’s going to snow. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

This is true. Luckily, the storm is juiced and waa typicslly saturates the column without too much loss . Models take that into account so it's not a big concern. Not in the same universe as a clipper coming over the apps. Radar loop looks like my yard gets hit solid but if my yard sneezed all my snow would be gone. 

If  all it took was to attach a watering can to a helium balloon and release 2 hours before the radar filled in I would to it in a heartbeat

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

For those worrying about dry air:

1.) The dewpoint depression will decrease as temps cool overnight.

2.) The 00z and 12z RAOB from IAD will be important to see if there's any pockets of dry air aloft could spoil the WAA snows.

I am not worried. I should be careful with my messing around for risk of inducing unnecessary panic lol. If it underperforms it wont be because of the dews. The antecedent airmass is exactly what you want for an overrunning event.

15 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Primary is in southern Missouri and appears to be moving due east with not much latitude gain. 

ezgif-2-fb9f14f4f7a3.gif

Edit: Almost due east. It can't be due east with not much latitude gain.

Just wondering if you could share the link to where one might view this radar composite? Thanks if it’s publicly available.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic