Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

8 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Lol. This is seriously getting on my nerves. I'm not getting another 5" in Germantown. I'm at 2".

I have no idea how the models can be so bad. This model told me 18 hours from the event that I'd be getting 11" of snow. Throughout the event, it has continued to say "Oh don't worry, you're still gonna get 8 more. 6 more. 5 more."

That it can be so wrong, even NOW, mid event, after all that's happened so far... it just blows my mind.

Give me 2". Let me beat my December snow. Let me meet my minimum threshold for Capital Weather Gang's "bust" range (which I still haven't met yet, I'm only at 2" and they said it would be a bust at 4").

There's absolutely no reason to take the models wholesale anymore. The general idea they're giving is spot on. Also, this thing is just beginning to pivot. We were never going to cash in the whole time down here or else we would be forecast for another 5-10 or so. We are where we are and we still have a solid chance of another couple inches when H7 keeps torqueing then pulling away. The big problem is if it erodes too fast as it pulls away. My money is on something in between, hence a shot at another 1-2 here in NW DC. 

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I want to get 5 more.  We aren't along the M/D border, but we can do this.  Just need a band to set up for a couple of hours and it will pile up fast with good ratios.  Of course, as soon as the sun comes out tomorrow, it would deflate, but so what?!? 

Trying to keep my hopes in check and setting them at a bar that might be reachable. Even just going from the Eddie's on Charles back down Charles one  mile to my house near Friends the flakes went from "wow, this is happening" to the more snow misty kind. I love the chances for anyone 695 and north to get there. I am about three miles inside 695 - we will see. Glad to see snow falling again in any event. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic