Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31 - Feb 1 Event - STORM MODE THREAD

stormtracker

1 minute ago, JakkelWx said:

One more tick towards more ns interaction would likely mean a huge hit for everybody, and then suddenly the RGEM wouldn't be such a fantasy anymore...

Still a ways to go for eastern areas. GFS still torches the surface here for hours with rain falling. That has not changed over recent runs. We would lose all the snow from the front end, and end up with maybe 2-3 on the ground verbatim. Look at the placement of the 850 mb low on the RGEM compared to the GFS as it exits the coast.  Hug the Canadians.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

12z def has a bigger red horse schlong but still not in the right place. Maybe euro will put the schlong in my yard

@Mrs.J

Edit before this post gets nuked :lol::

Not getting my hopes up based on just the RGEM, but this movement a bit south so far in the 12z suite is encouraging. Hell...even if it means we extend the enjoyment of tracking higher-end potential for another 6 hours, then it’s worth it.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

What are the worst surface temps as the coastal is getting going for this area? Low 40s like the GFS?

40- ish, I don't buy the temps on the GFS. Your area struggles, but would think temps come crashing down, " hopefully ".    

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_12.png

gem_asnow_neus_13.png

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

We need to get some old man sag to the south just a bit more. But if that actually does happen then let’s just have this one time where the GEM scores a 1.00 verification

I think we’re still well within the southern range of solutions. We’ll see what the Euro has to say, but we only need a out a 50-mile more souther capture and we’re in the goods.

Staying interested, even if not expectant.

• Like 1

No Euro yet obviously, but I like where we sit. Most of us are comfortably in the zone for decent action from the deform, and some have us right in the thick of it while most models show us just a bit south of ideal. I'd feel real good if I lived between extreme Northern MD and the York area, Mappy, PSU, etc.

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I think we’re still well within the southern range of solutions. We’ll see what the Euro has to say, but we only need a out a 50-mile more souther capture and we’re in the goods.

Staying interested, even if not expectant.

Has the trend with the 12Z been well north?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic