Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, Greg said:

The HRRR seems to be a better model to use  right now for since it appears many are nowcasting. But it does define the mix line well.

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_10.png

The HRRR seems like it took to 12z (now) to realize what other models did 12 hours ago that the initial thump would be delayed a few hours (over previous estimates ). I've been watching how much qpf models have by 0z for KBED very closely B.C i work 4-8 this evening.  Starts things about 2 hours later but doesn't let up in fact it may have juiced up . 

3 minutes ago, Greg said:

Be careful, the model may be counting some of the sleet as snow. Based on the latest HRRR. I just don't know how much is being counted. It will be close.

I'm not sure we see sleet down in this area until the dry slot pushes through...so it may not be showing much on those numbers anyway

5 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

That’s an error with the HRRR algorithm. Check the sounding and you will see that there is no warm layer. Did this with the last storm too.

It always seems to be a function of less than full saturation in the DGZ. So not great snow growth.