• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

All this energy spawning disparate lows reminds me of a storm a few years ago... sorry I can't remember the date...

On guidance a large trough with multiple pieces of vorticity spawning different SLPs as they hit the coast, and we compared it to mogwais... guidance struggled and eventually coalesced into a single dominant SLP... reality was a SNE blizzard

RGEM did the same thing as CMC and HRPDS, and Euro hints at it too... glad to see a potential popping up before it's off Maine

3 minutes ago, RDRY said:

Do the computer models extrapolate historical data into their outputs? This is an unusual set-up -- will they incorporate prior similar set-ups into their forecast?

No they don't

But the WPC forecasts will in a sense.

https://origin.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/pwpf/wwd_accum_probs.php?ftype=probabilities&fpd=72&ptype=snow

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Farther than 18z? It was just off the coast..

ya ...significantly further

it maybe having some issues ...i mean it takes "our future meso low"  from so far East of cape hatteras and then swings it north and it just interacts with another little low and it arrives a bit later than other guidance that hit us ...and is just further east. It's a convoluted process watching this low form and move and interact w other little vortices.  I think we want to see a earlier arrival and the energy originate not 300 miles east of Kill devil hills lol before coming up. 

Final call for this beast. Our first call was 6-12 and we bumped it up 4-6 across the board. Had a sliver of 6-10 along SE CT but pulled it after looking at bufkit and 00Z models coming in. Still expect some mixing there but the damage will be done the way i see it. 6-10 is too low imo and so i expect them, while not to get 16-18 like SW CT but just be close to the 10" range. SW CT in the upper part of the range and highlighted and area of localized 20" especially near the NY boarder and extreme SW CT. 

Looked at the valley min situation and dont feel its a problem to warrant a lower range there. 

I saw the RGEM/HRGEM/GEM on crack destroying central CT on east on Tuesday. Not sure what to make of that and its the only model suite doing that was it was ignored for the time being. 

01_30.21_jdj_snowfall_forecast_2.thumb.jpg.d131217194a38463b1d8d1a82df19f77.jpg

01_30.21_jdj_northeast_overview_3.thumb.jpg.c8b10fe848a06797cf8eb63251360e20.jpg01_30.21_jdj_noreaster_headlines_2.thumb.jpg.fed7588391efe170549e9dec5ce9be1d.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1