Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Honestly, I have haven't been impressed in the two years I have been here. Small sample, but Wilmington has done better.

I often think about this actually, not to be weird. I think it's more of a product of the individual seasons and not climate for you so far. Methuen should do better than Wilmington on average imo 

• Weenie 1

That was a sick run on the firehose. 

I’ve been really really impressed with the look. The residence time is the only thing holding me back from going more than I am. But it’s actually a pretty long residence for that type of setup. We usually get WCB thumps and they rarely last more than 8 hours. This one looks to be a little longer than that in the meat of it and it’s got the fetch (firehose aspect) overlaying the typical WCB thermal/lift layout....so like Tip, part of me wants to just go ahead and chuck some 20-burgers in the east facing hills from 495 to ORH county...

Of course, once I do that, then we get the almost-too-predictable 14.5” totals and I’ll smack myself saying “why did you ignore every other impressive looking WCB thump that gave you between 12-16” and decided to weenie out this time?”

Though as has already been mentioned, we could weasel our way to higher totals anyway if we get several inches from Tuesday night/Wednesday ULL shenanigans. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That was a sick run on the firehose. 

I’ve been really really impressed with the look. The residence time is the only thing holding me back from going more than I am. But it’s actually a pretty long residence for that type of setup. We usually get WCB thumps and they rarely last more than 8 hours. This one looks to be a little longer than that in the meat of it and it’s got the fetch (firehose aspect) overlaying the typical WCB thermal/lift layout....so like Tip, part of me wants to just go ahead and chuck some 20-burgers in the east facing hills from 495 to ORH county...

Of course, once I do that, then we get the almost-too-predictable 14.5” totals and I’ll smack myself saying “why did you ignore every other impressive looking WCB thump that gave you between 12-16” and decided to weenie out this time?”

Though as has already been mentioned, we could weasel our way to higher totals anyway if we get several inches from Tuesday night/Wednesday ULL shenanigans. 

Only thing that caught my eye was the DGZ drying out after like 4z or so. So it would need to be hours of big lift from 850 isentropic glide and CF stuff which could do it I suppose. You'd think that you could nickel and dime your way to 18+ on the cold side of the CF into Wed,

• Like 1