Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

BOX point and click keeps increasing for mby:

Monday
Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 27. Northeast wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Monday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 26. Northeast wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Tuesday
Snow likely, mainly before 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 29. North wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I just keep thinking of the big ones that missed here the past 8 years where upon review...it was all about h7 placement. It either travelled overhead or over the berks so it’s congrats to the north or too far se like Jan 15 so it’s congrats EOR. I’m not seeing anything but an ideal h7 track...the only caution flag is when it stalls. Thoughts?

I don't think we need it to stall to see 18-24" the stall may bring places to our WNW from 24-36" though.. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Monday
Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 27. Northeast wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Monday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 26. Northeast wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Tuesday
Snow likely, mainly before 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 29. North wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

I'm shocked.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Monday
Monday Night
Tuesday

that looks quite toothsome

2 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

When is the last time PVD got more snow than BOS?  I mean.... 78?  

Is the only way this happens is the Coastal Front becomes a major factor and sets up Vertical between them?  

Depends on where that was measure in '78. Similar amounts around Boston and Providence back then.

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ve found HREF too aggressive this far out, especially in borderline areas. 

Yeah I wouldn't take verbatim just yet, but it is very consistent with NAM which has been surprisingly steady for 6+ cycles now, and other guidance has ticked colder for eastern SNE... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastonSN+ said:

I hope so. 

Interesting side bar. I lived in Norwalk most my life until Sep 2014 and moved to Easton. 13 foot plus storms including 3 20 plus. Have not reached one foot since moving here (hit 11.5 twice). I feel like that area always does better in KUs.

That’s about when the biggies stopped in CT.....we’ve been getting boned ever since....

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Such a tough forecast down here.... wouldn’t be surprised with 3” or 12”

I think 4-8” is a good call for most in the coastal plain except for right at the coast/cape, etc. Considering the preceding air mass it’s going to be unlikely that mix line gets as far NW as modeled before the precip lets up. As usual with 90% of storms we thread the needle...

8 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

That’s about when the biggies stopped in CT.....we’ve been getting boned ever since....

Semi decadal trends do happen. 

Furthermore some scientists suggest that global warming has risen average temps in the Mid Atlantic and SNE faster than some other parts of the nation like the upper Midwest. I know that is politicized in this country but I’m not the scientist I didn’t do the work so don’t shoot the messenger. 

Out west decadal trends are even worse due to the PDO