• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

Usually when models start spitting out these type numbers there’s something to it. I’m not saying 4 feet but someone in PA or NJ I could see 2-3 feet. 

The banding watching will be fun. Like in December when I watched the biblical band in NC PA head and pivot to the BGM area. 

6 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Or the late Feb 2010 storm that nailed you guys.

That one was something alright. I used to live 25 miles SE of NYC and left for Manhattan that day in a driving rain and then it flipped completely to snow midway through Queens. Manhattan was a whiteout. When I came back I followed the R/S line as it pivoted east and got home literally as it changed to snow. I ended up with 10" or so and Central Park 22". Winds were insane too, well over 60mph. It was northern stream driven but had a good tropical moisture feed as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

Usually when models start spitting out these type numbers there’s something to it. I’m not saying 4 feet but someone in PA or NJ I could see 2-3 feet. 

For what it's worth, I recall the rgem being spot on for the forecast in Binghamton during the December storm. But it was consistent with that jackpot for 12-24 hours prior.

It also did the best job forecasting Buffalo's post Christmas LES storm. It has a pretty good track record.

Just now, chrisNJ said:

The banding watching will be fun. Like in December when I watched the biblical band in NC PA head and pivot to the BGM area. 

Not sure if this will be the same with the crazy deform band. This seems to be much more based on the initial warm air advection snow then the low occludes/matures which would stop the consistent heavy snow banding. But maybe, who knows. 

Just now, jm1220 said:

Not sure if this will be the same with the crazy deform band. This seems to be much more based on the initial warm air advection snow then the low occludes/matures which would stop the consistent heavy snow banding. But maybe, who knows. 

Regardless I think we can say we will surpass the dud winter of last year in the next few days. We remain spoiled. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I already did with the storm in December.

I got only 2.3 inches last year

The point being all the complaining can go away.  If this pans out well, we’ve had really good snowstorms over the past 5 years. 

Btw, where’s snowman19?  Had to say it. 99% lurker so I’ll head back to my lurker shed. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

That crippled nyc and left persons stranded on highways. 

I lived through it. Worked as a weekend guard at a Foodtown warehouse. I believe it was a Friday night event; I brought an extra  sandwich with me for the guy who was stuck there all night. I used the letter recognizing my " bravery" for years after that when applying for jobs....

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic