• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

For the City I'd say 9-12" with 9" in the Rockaways/JFK and 12" in the Bronx. That's about what consensus is. These insane model outputs aren't happening. I'd be thrilled but I'll eat my shoe if I get the 24" the new GFS shows. 

the 2' foot amounts are very unlikely but the city could easily see more than 12" depending on where the banding sets up of course. 8-12+ seems perfectly reasonable at this stage. As usual in these setups, it comes down to nowcasting.

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The strong east flow's a blessing and curse. Longitude west actually helps us this time. But we don't want a low stalling out just off Atlantic City or it's our turn sooner or later too. 

I do want a low stalling east of Atlantic City.  That's perfect for me with artic air in place.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, eduggs said:

I think the big totals are possible somewhere. We have the right ingredients. The problem is the jackpot zones aren't usually forecastable in advance of nowcasting time.

Oh definitely, I can see some people getting 20". I just don't think it'll be the city in this setup. It'll be a place maybe near I-84 where ratios are good and there's plenty of moisture. snywx, sussexcountyobs, ForestHillWx, where you are will be some of the best spots. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The strong east flow's a blessing and curse. Longitude west actually helps us this time. But we don't want a low stalling out just off Atlantic City or it's our turn sooner or later too. 

The damage will be done by then if that happens. This will produce. Obviously LI is a tricky forecast. Nam looks great again 

35 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

This will tick East tomorrow. Miller B always slip East inside 24 hours. Either way you slice it this is the biggest storm for the metro since 2016

That will cut us down some, if it happens. How much I can't say, but in those set ups it can be significant. Would like to get hammered here for the first time in 5 years. But we'll see. I'm really seeing predictions all over the place; I can't see how Sussex county cashes in and LI cashes in, if there is movement east. I'm not in either location.

Just now, weatherpruf said:

That will cut us down some, if it happens. How much I can't say, but in those set ups it can be significant. Would like to get hammered here for the first time in 5 years. But we'll see. I'm really seeing predictions all over the place; I can't see how Sussex county cashes in and LI cashes in, if there is movement east. I'm not in either location.

We are good for 12+. Stop

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic