• Member Statistics

    16,544
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB
    Joined
ORH_wxman

Jan 26-27 light snows

Recommended Posts

5.25” total. Easy to clear but I damaged my snowblower. There was a big mound of leftover ice to the side of the driveway and the bottom of the blower got caught on it and it peeled back the transmission housing.  Oof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s going to be more accumulating snow in many areas of CT . Hold off on map until it’s over tomorrow . It’s still snowing lightly in much of the state 

I can always update it!

 

RAD_KOKX_N0R_ANI (6).gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

5.25” total. Easy to clear but I damaged my snowblower. There was a big mound of leftover ice to the side of the driveway and the bottom of the blower got caught on it and it peeled back the transmission housing.  Oof. 

That's why they made hammers, Did that on my chain guard for my JD, Unbolted it and straightened it back out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Send me your totals please, especially if you live in southern CT...the original PNS is paltry and i dont know if they are going to be updating it anytime soon. Looks like 1-2 in the 4 southern counties right now and 2-5 northern 4 counties. 

2.5" on the month of Jan..ruff

1" here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Send me your totals please, especially if you live in southern CT...the original PNS is paltry and i dont know if they are going to be updating it anytime soon. Looks like 1-2 in the 4 southern counties right now and 2-5 northern 4 counties. 

2.5" on the month of Jan..ruff

Woke up to a little more.

1.10 total for this storm.

9.1 for the year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EastonSN+ said:

Woke up to a little more.

1.10 total for this storm.

9.1 for the year.

oof didnt even break 10 yet? thanks for the report

Just now, Brian5671 said:

1" here.  

thank you

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That's why they made hammers, Did that on my chain guard for my JD, Unbolted it and straightened it back out.

Are you kidding?  That's the perfect excuse for him to get a brand new Ariens or Honda tracked snowblower!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mreaves said:

Are you kidding?  That's the perfect excuse for him to get a brand new Ariens or Honda tracked snowblower!

Lol. We just had to buy a new stove just before Christmas.  Need the old dog to last another season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mreaves said:

Are you kidding?  That's the perfect excuse for him to get a brand new Ariens or Honda tracked snowblower!

And ruin the rest of winter? I think you should burn your sled just to be safe.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Lol. We just had to buy a new stove just before Christmas.  Need the old dog to last another season

Check Craigslist. Usually many good snowblowers for sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

Check Craigslist. Usually many good snowblowers for sale.

Nah.  Just some Yankee Ingenuity needed.  Have to hammer it back and reattach with rivets or bolts.   Or duct tape?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

oof didnt even break 10 yet? thanks for the report

thank you

Yeah only got 8 in December. 

Hopefully the next storm targets CT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Nah.  Just some Yankee Ingenuity needed.  Have to hammer it back and reattach with rivets or bolts.   Or duct tape?

Before zip ties, Duct tape and bailing wire were popular, I have a rivet gun also.    lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

Yeah only got 8 in December. 

Hopefully the next storm targets CT.

8+1.1 = 9.1....you missing Jan 3rd? you must have got close to an inch on that one.

01_03.21_storm_totals.thumb.jpg.cd2a4848ec142c199bc906746ff7289f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.