Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 26-27 light snows

ORH_wxman

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I wanted to go C-2 for the shoreline but the euro’s consistency and colder progs led me astray.

same. we did go 1-2 for far SE CT, so thats good. more than just the shore, its pretty much all of the 4 southern counties that are in that 1-2 range. It really ended up being the best lift and snow growth to the north, along with less qpf down this way. Mixing was never really an issue. We did have some graupel/snow pellets for a time when the lift in the DGZ went to zero but for the most part it was snow. 

• Like 1

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

How'd you make out yesterday?  Last I saw, you had a couple inches?

Yeah I ended up with 3.5" at the end, it was more than I thought I would get.  The last band produced!  Bob, I really think this band is going to crush the eastern part of the Cape, east of Hyannis.  Could be a ten mile difference between crushed a mediocre!

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Yeah I ended up with 3.5" at the end, it was more than I thought I would get.  The last band produced!  Bob, I really think this band is going to crush the eastern part of the Cape, east of Hyannis.  Could be a ten mile difference between crushed a mediocre!

I would use the term crush, lightly.  It'll snow and maybe the Cape sees a few additional inches.

There is a little sweet spot when the surface low develops near the western shore of Nova Scotia where the models are just dumping a huge amount of snow, likely where the band begins to develop because it stalls for a time, the UKMET brings up to 42" in this area.  The models all have a similar jack zone.  Man I would love to have 42 inches in a 12 hour period!

• Weenie 1