• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    feyt
    Newest Member
    feyt

Christmas Eve Mega Front Disco/Obs

14 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Breezy overcast. Still almost no rain in Annapolis, as of noon.

Agrees with radar.

Doesn't look like we're going to be in the max precipitation area for the first time since July. Kind of a bust here. Doesn't look like we get anything for at least a couple more hours.

35 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

How nice of WPC to use Christmas colors. This makes the 50 and rain worth it.

Its a natural law that we have the crappiiest weather imaginable each and every Christmas.   

Complain about 65F and sunny??  Well then, I give you 50s and flooding rains .... and then I will give you miserable wind and the cold that you needed several hours earlier.

Light rain currently.  Foggy and gross.

Merry Christmas. 

• Like 2

Haven’t had a chance to look into this one... I see the severe chances, just started gentle raining here in Gambrills.  When are the temps supposed to drop?  Any chance of squalls after frontal passage?  Tomorrow?

Guidance pretty much unanimous with a wintery day tomorrow area wide . Flurries and squalls and wind forum wide with temps falling all day . Beats 9 out of 10 typical Xmas years . 

Over an inch . Temps rising 

Snow pack taking a hit but still 50 to 75% coverage in some spots . 10% in others 

4 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Current mesoscale temps...purple line is freezing...still not even to the western part of WV.

image.gif.3ea6b0bf0f8a6e950b8abc57e3a6e5de.gif

That doesn’t line up well with surface obs. The front is just entering the western tip of Va. Jackson Ky which is a bit east of that 32 line had the front go through 4 hours ago and reported light snow in their latest ob 

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Its a natural law that we have the crappiiest weather imaginable each and every Christmas.   

Complain about 65F and sunny??  Well then, I give you 50s and flooding rains .... and then I will give you miserable wind and the cold that you needed several hours earlier.

Light rain currently.  Foggy and gross.

Merry Christmas. 

Merry Christmas East Coast friend!  

Total crap season here so far.  Consistently too warm for anything more than slop mix at my elevation.  Drought year too continues,  unless there is a surprise in the next week I will end up with less than 10” of precipitation for the year!    That is even dry by high desert standards.    Hell of a lot of bluebird clear sky days this year.  

I'm struggling to understand the severe warning, as while that's an impressive feature on radar, it shouldn't be surface-based and therefore unable to get the winds to the ground.      But I'm prepared to be wrong....

2 minutes ago, high risk said:

I'm struggling to understand the severe warning, as while that's an impressive feature on radar, it shouldn't be surface-based and therefore unable to get the winds to the ground.      But I'm prepared to be wrong....

There was like 10 mph winds during the heavy rain, that was about it. Did get like 0.75” of rain fairly quickly, but not really much wind at all

• Like 1