• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

Well here I go. Screw the weather and screw great patterns And screw you that saw flakes. Try living in Rockingham NC. I chased 20 minutes north to see. Flake. That’s my life. Nobody tell me a great patterns coining because you don’t know anything. Can’t enough predict a storm 12 hours out. Screw the models too . Btw winter is OVer 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • Weenie 1

25 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I swore I wouldn’t get invested in this one. I knew I had no chance. But, got thrown in the advisory. Expected something, even a car topper after that. Nope. Can’t even buy a dusting here in peak winter 

This wasn't our storm

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I swore I wouldn’t get invested in this one. I knew I had no chance. But, got thrown in the advisory. Expected something, even a car topper after that. Nope. Can’t even buy a dusting here in peak winter 

I do the same thing. No advisory here but I thought Heck I will see a few flakes. It snowed 10 miles north, 10 mile west of about 5 miles east of me. Me? Not a flake mixed with rain . Can’t wait to track the next one lol ( that’s what weenies do) 

• Like 1

I think I care less about the accumulation yesterday and more about the fact that after two years of having systems overproduce moisture 2-3x normal and shattering precip records by double the yearly norms, we finally had a system underachieve in precip...and alas...what great timing for it!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

I think I care less about the accumulation yesterday and more about the fact that after two years of having systems overproduce moisture 2-3x normal and shattering precip records by double the yearly norms, we finally had a system underachieve in precip...and alas...what great timing for it!

Yep when it's suppose to rain it pours and when it's suppose to snow it fizzles.  :facepalm::axe:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BooneWX said:

It's a Nina, the subtropical jet isn't what it is during a Nino or neutral 

I was happy to see my dusting and got some cool drone footage flying in the snow.  But I invested waaayyy to much sleepy time in Katherine.  Lesson learned when we dont have a reliable cold source.  We easily had the QPF for a 3-5" storm in the Triad.  But relying on the boundary layer to win the day for us was just delirium.  Wont fall for that again.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2021 at 9:29 PM, Grayman said:

Well here I go. Screw the weather and screw great patterns And screw you that saw flakes. Try living in Rockingham NC. I chased 20 minutes north to see. Flake. That’s my life. Nobody tell me a great patterns coining because you don’t know anything. Can’t enough predict a storm 12 hours out. Screw the models too . Btw winter is OVer 

I’ve come to the realization that if I want to see good snows every year I’m going to have to budget money to  and pack up and go to the mountains rent a cabin and enjoy it that way.