• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gonglee
    Newest Member
    gonglee

Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

I'm whining because since I left NC I dont like the cold.

But I know the fun in chasing a potential snowstorm model wise. Till something actually comes to fruition. 

But I'll tolerate the cold. 

I'm rooting for you SE peeps. Still have January, February, March and April to go.

The stars got to align some how. 

Well here in the midlands of SC we had a year where it snowed on the coast and in the mountains but not here.  It was like living in a winter weather comedy sketch and your neighborhood is the punch line.  Anything is better than that, even no snow all around is better than that!  Yeah, I am setting the bar pretty low here but that is the reality here in the middle of SC.  

3 minutes ago, jpbart said:

Well here in the midlands of SC we had a year where it snowed on the coast and in the mountains but not here.  It was like living in a winter weather comedy sketch and your neighborhood is the punch line.  Anything is better than that, even no snow all around is better than that!  Yeah, I am setting the bar pretty low here but that is the reality here in the middle of SC.  

It has been rough around Columbia for some time now.

1 minute ago, jpbart said:

That’s because Columbia is surrounded by portals from hell  :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

That’s because Columbia is surrounded by portals from hell  :P

Truth!

• Like 1

Agree about the midlands of SC. Rockingham NC where I live is the no snow capital or the world . Snows 20 miles north in southern pines nc while I get cold rain. I’ve given up . 

10 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

The NC Piedmont is going to have to settle for an early March dusting, aren’t we?  :wacko:

Not Greensboro . I think y’all will score. Rockingham will not get any this year. Only way is a southern slider 

On 12/23/2020 at 6:58 PM, BullCityWx said:

It has been rough around Columbia for some time now.

They got snow on Halloween.  They used up all their good, snow Ju-Ju for possibly decades !

• Like 1

I don't understand the whining. This winter was supposed to be a wall-to-wall torch. Let's just be thankful we are not looking at a strong SE ridge and 75 degrees everyday. The pattern could be a lot worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

I don't understand the whining. This winter was supposed to be a wall-to-wall torch. Let's just be thankful we are not looking at a strong SE ridge and 75 degrees everyday. The pattern could be a lot worse.

I think it is about zeroing out on snow given the potential even if it isn't 75F everyday. I went to the mountains on Christmas morning to enjoy that on the likely chance we get nothing in Raleigh this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

Cold without snow is wasted cold 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

I don't understand the whining. This winter was supposed to be a wall-to-wall torch. Let's just be thankful we are not looking at a strong SE ridge and 75 degrees everyday. The pattern could be a lot 

After all the rain we have had and the forecast for a lot more, please give me some 75 degree SE ridge for a few weeks please. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Cold without snow is wasted cold 

See, now that's where we differ...... Cold weather is needed for the ski industry in the Southern Apps. I don't care if I get 0 snow, as long as it's cold enough for them to make snow. A lot of folks' jobs are dependent on the cold. Let's not be selfish.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

See, now that's where we differ...... Cold weather is needed for the ski industry in the Southern Apps. I don't care if I get 0 snow, as long as it's cold enough for them to make snow. A lot of folks' jobs are dependent on the cold. Let's not be selfish.

If it’s 70 degrees for two weeks, it’s going to be really hard for snow to stick efficiently. We need the cold for that and the ski industry.

• Like 1

Can’t even buy a single fantasy storm on any model the last few days. And the good pattern they were teasing earlier has went to absolute shit. Might be a good time to step away from the models for a few weeks. 

3 hours ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

Built up frustration? I haven’t had more than a glorified dusting since 2018. It sucks.