Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,909
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    JAZZOVER
    Newest Member
    JAZZOVER
    Joined

Winter 2020-2021 whining thread


BullCityWx
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm whining because since I left NC I dont like the cold.

But I know the fun in chasing a potential snowstorm model wise. Till something actually comes to fruition. 

But I'll tolerate the cold. 

I'm rooting for you SE peeps. Still have January, February, March and April to go.

The stars got to align some how. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well here in the midlands of SC we had a year where it snowed on the coast and in the mountains but not here.  It was like living in a winter weather comedy sketch and your neighborhood is the punch line.  Anything is better than that, even no snow all around is better than that!  Yeah, I am setting the bar pretty low here but that is the reality here in the middle of SC.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jpbart said:

Well here in the midlands of SC we had a year where it snowed on the coast and in the mountains but not here.  It was like living in a winter weather comedy sketch and your neighborhood is the punch line.  Anything is better than that, even no snow all around is better than that!  Yeah, I am setting the bar pretty low here but that is the reality here in the middle of SC.  

It has been rough around Columbia for some time now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jpbart said:

Well here in the midlands of SC we had a year where it snowed on the coast and in the mountains but not here.  It was like living in a winter weather comedy sketch and your neighborhood is the punch line.  Anything is better than that, even no snow all around is better than that!  Yeah, I am setting the bar pretty low here but that is the reality here in the middle of SC.  

That’s because Columbia is surrounded by portals from hell  :P

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

I don't understand the whining. This winter was supposed to be a wall-to-wall torch. Let's just be thankful we are not looking at a strong SE ridge and 75 degrees everyday. The pattern could be a lot worse.

I think it is about zeroing out on snow given the potential even if it isn't 75F everyday. I went to the mountains on Christmas morning to enjoy that on the likely chance we get nothing in Raleigh this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

I don't understand the whining. This winter was supposed to be a wall-to-wall torch. Let's just be thankful we are not looking at a strong SE ridge and 75 degrees everyday. The pattern could be a lot 

After all the rain we have had and the forecast for a lot more, please give me some 75 degree SE ridge for a few weeks please. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Cold without snow is wasted cold 

See, now that's where we differ...... Cold weather is needed for the ski industry in the Southern Apps. I don't care if I get 0 snow, as long as it's cold enough for them to make snow. A lot of folks' jobs are dependent on the cold. Let's not be selfish.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

See, now that's where we differ...... Cold weather is needed for the ski industry in the Southern Apps. I don't care if I get 0 snow, as long as it's cold enough for them to make snow. A lot of folks' jobs are dependent on the cold. Let's not be selfish.

If it’s 70 degrees for two weeks, it’s going to be really hard for snow to stick efficiently. We need the cold for that and the ski industry.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

I don't understand the whining. This winter was supposed to be a wall-to-wall torch. Let's just be thankful we are not looking at a strong SE ridge and 75 degrees everyday. The pattern could be a lot worse.

Built up frustration? I haven’t had more than a glorified dusting since 2018. It sucks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...