Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16/17 Winter Event

MN Transplant

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Dont worry.  The surface will create its own cold air.  

I don’t have a crystal ball on what the final track will be. My best guess is a 60/40 compromise between the most progressive gfs and most amplified euro leaning 60 euro. But I am fairly confident I would trust the colder thermals of all the other guidance. Not saying DC gets pummeled. If it tracks inside the colder thermal profile won’t matter as a warm layer blasts in. But if the low stays off the coast I think you will be colder then the gfs indicates. 

• Like 7

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I am just stating what the model says. And even if DCA got 10 inches they would report 3 :)

We all know snow maps are lol and are just pretty to look at. Shouldn’t be taken verbatim. Per weatherbell snow map, SE DC gets 2 and NW gets 11 lol

• Haha 4

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I am just stating what the model says. And even if DCA got 10 inches they would report 3 :)

Unfortunately, there’s some issue with layers and surface 33-35 you can all but cut that in half, if not more. Not a great run. Loss the robust ccb look it was advertising but we all knew that was overdone. Key is that general track and synoptics hold course. 

It’s  been said   but HUGE euro run tonight, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic