Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

@RUNNAWAYICEBERG when I was in high school I played in an AJGA qualifier for the junior us open. There was this kid my age named Webb Simpson who was a big deal, one of the top 10 ranked juniors in the country, who came up from North Carolina to play in the qualifier I played in, because all the best players knew that the seasonal golfers in the Northeast suck @ss. It was at bethpage red, I shot something like 82, he shot 71 and won the qualifier. Not sure what ever happened to him.

Damn. You’re pretty good. He probably got lucky and make a couple dollars on tour.

Just now, Hoth said:

That's awesome. I saw Ricky Fowler on the course a few years back, but my cousin wins the prize: he actually played a round with Larry Fitzgerald. I'm told his accuracy is not great, but he can rip a hole in the space-time continuum when he connects.

lol. and then he chases it down and catches it?

• Haha 1

19790217-19790219-4.77.jpg

1979 storm. This system has a little morre  chance to bring heavy snowfall into se Mass, but the cutoff north will be big as shown on the gefs. 

http://meteocentre.com/reanalyses/cartes/ncep/amer/1979021918.gif Watch how that progression is similar to the upcoming storm. I think the jackpot will be north of the 1979 storm, but south of the 2013 Feb storm. You will see Philly/ NYC jackpot. Just based on observations of the current storm and previous systems. 

33 minutes ago, rimetree said:

Early December last year was decent...17" or so in that one event with about 27" for the month. Then it went downhill. The past two years have been under-performing but most winters are decent with good latitude for SWFEs and great coastal blizzards. Being close to the water can hurt sometimes but not always. Where in Hampton are you? I grew up in N. Hampton.

I wasn’t here in early December last year so I missed that. I was stuck in Providence for weeks due to work and the winter was dookie after that. I can hit OC studios with a snowball from my place in Hampton on Ocean Blvd though. 

As a snow lover it’s almost like I keep moving to less snowy climates. Like I dipped out right after graduating high school in ‘07 to be a ski bum in Steamboat CO and boy did I get lucky that I feel like I should never complain again, but the weenie in me always does.

3C4673F1-A74C-47BF-BD5F-9723FBFDCDEF.jpeg

Edit: having said that I never lost my appreciation for an epic coastal in New England. The best Nor’easters are on par with anything I’ve seen out west and they hold a special place in Meteorology. 

6 minutes ago, wizard021 said:

1979 storm. This system has a little morre  chance to bring heavy snowfall into se Mass, but the cutoff north will be big as shown on the gefs. 

http://meteocentre.com/reanalyses/cartes/ncep/amer/1979021918.gif Watch how that progression is similar to the upcoming storm. I think the jackpot will be north of the 1979 storm, but south of the 2013 Feb storm. You will see Philly/ NYC jackpot. Just based on observations of the current storm and previous systems. 

78-79 had a couple of suppressed mid-Atlantic storms. PD 1 buried DC and we had flurries here. When 09-10 happened it brought back bad memories of 78-79.

19 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Weenie PTSD is real though so I’m still liking 8-12” for us. I’m shoving my chips in Tue night if the big solutions are still there. 

The wife and I adopted this Weenie and he is from your town. He is a legit Weenie.. a Chiweenie actually. Half chihuahua/dachshund. He is ready for some snow!

9413.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, wizard021 said:

This isn't even close to being a top analog for this system, snowfall wise.

There will not be 10-20 inches of snow for the coastal mid-atlantic and the Carolina's. Come on now....

• Like 2

The Presidents Day Storm of 1979 isn't that great of an analog given that the High Pressure position and it was stronger 1040MB and pretty much over Northern New York State building into New England. The High we will have would be situated over Southeast Canada and weaker at this time.

See the source image

PD 1 storm was a bomb. The ULL held together.  I don't think it is a good analog

PDII and the blizzard of 1983 are probably better analogs for SNE.

High placement was nearly identical in 1983

PDII wad a similar troff lifting out and weak coastal,  High placement was similar but a lot stronger.  Also had a deep tropical connection

• Like 1