• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

For the Mets and smarter folks . I notice for the track the winds  don’t have much  e/ene  Inflow at all. Will this place more emphasis on other factors performing or does it just sort of limit dynamic cooling to rates and Not (orographic lift over Orh Hill’s and also not wring out moisture on E slopes . 

I.E jack could be anywhere it pounds super hard 

5 hours ago, wxsniss said:

6z NAM much better than 0z NAM... bombs away 36-42hrs for eSNE

Similar to 12z 12/3 NAM, but slightly later development which will hurt southwestern folks, but otherwise big hit central-eastern SNE / eastern NH / eastern ME

Fair to say the 0z NAM non-event was an egregious outlier

NAM_20201204_6z_54h.jpg.015ccee6ad43c0afbb2bfbd5274864ca.jpg

These are the trends that I have been warning about all week. Hopefully it doesn't go much further.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The other thing to watch is the initial band out west. I could see that sort of congeal and move east quickly as the low bombs near the Cape, but by then it will start to pivot out. 

That's kind of 12/9/05 style....the initial band set up west of ORH but then as it collapsed E it went insane as the storm basically imploded the atmosphere over upper cape/buzzards bay.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I had him 6-12" for First Call. 

The later development trend seems to have stopped on the 06z EURO...just ticked west, but mostly noise.

I think we have consensus on development timing. CCB cranks up big time . Plaster job for interior SNE with elevations over 6 inches and 2 to 5 elsewhere.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

6z  was a much better run than 0z , 0z didn’t develop earlier , it didn’t develop much at all but was still a couple hairs better than the 18z nam debacle  

I meant trend in general, not with respect to the NAM. I know that 00z whiffed...I ignored it.