• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December Banter 2020

George BM

So not only are we waiting for the long awaited -NAO to break down....we are still grasping for a strat warming event to pummel the PV and 'hopefully' have a positive impact and also patiently waiting the lag from the weakening Nina. Ok, cool...got it. So March should rock.

@CAPE yes I saw what you wrote and yes I agree. Im just being facetious :devilsmiley: but you have to admit, all these elements we are waiting to line up then break down and lag patience and this and that are comical.

• Haha 1

The cities will score a snow event with that type of blocking....IMO, its just a matter of when.  Might not be a 36” HECS but I have a hard time believing the upcoming blocking won’t produce at least a moderate event here.  

But I’m sure pivotpivot will point out something about the PAC that will f us over.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

So not only are we waiting for the long awaited -NAO to break down....we are still grasping for a strat warming event to pummel the PV and 'hopefully' have a positive impact and also patiently waiting the lag from the weakening Nina. Ok, cool...got it. So March should rock.

@CAPE yes I saw what you wrote and yes I agree. Im just being facetious :devilsmiley: but you have to admit, all these elements we are waiting to line up then break down and lag patience and this and that are comical.

We don't always do winter around here, but when we do, it is usually backloaded.

Even DT was predicting the back end of winter to be colder/snowy for the MA, before he started hyping the upcoming pattern as the best since 1996.

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Anyone have the idiot proof method for making med-rare prime rib?  I make it every year for Xmas and you’d think I’d have it down to a science.  I don’t. Tried oven off and high-low...

I guess put it outside on Thursday before the cold front comes through, it should be warm enough to get it medium rare

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I take the meat out of the refrigerator and let it sit for up to 2 hours before cooking it, until it reaches room temperature.  Then multiply the weight of the cut by 5 to determine how many minutes to cook it at 500 degrees.  After that much time, turn the oven off and keep the oven door closed for about another two hours.  That should get the internal temperature where you want it for medium-rare.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

I take the meat out of the refrigerator and let it sit for up to 2 hours before cooking it, until it reaches room temperature.  Then multiply the weight of the cut by 5 to determine how many minutes to cook it at 500 degrees.  After that much time, turn the oven off and keep the oven door closed for about another two hours.  That should get the internal temperature where you want it for medium-rare.

Yeah your way is probably better

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Anyone have the idiot proof method for making med-rare prime rib?  I make it every year for Xmas and you’d think I’d have it down to a science.  I don’t. Tried oven off and high-low...

325 oven until internal temp is 105. Take out and let rest on counter for 20 mins. It will carryover cook another 10 degrees and will be right between rare and medium rare.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

That has to be the most e=mc² cooking method I've ever heard, lol

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic