CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December Banter 2020

George BM

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Ofcourse 

It hasn't happened yet . Still 3 days out . :whistle:

The trailing energy  after the main precip(rain) moves out is the thing to watch. Wont be anything widespread but possibly some hefty snow showers/squalls in places. GFS hinting at it, and the 12z 12Km NAM a bit. Have to watch the Mesos as we get closer.

gfs_z500_vort_neus_14.png

Just coming here to note that I think winter 2009-2010 broke me psychologically regarding snow. For the rest of my life in the mid-atlantic I will be chasing another winter like that, even though I know it's wildly improbable that will ever happen.

I was in college in Adams County PA for all three storms and I will never forget any of them. Driving rural backroads after the twin February storms -it was like driving in damn canyons of snow. Literally above the roofline of my sedan on both sides It was like living in Montana for a week. Blinding wind driven snow jebwalks during the second february storm. Nowhere to put the snow that was stacked on top of your car because it was surrounded by piles stacked up after the first storm. Roads completely impassible. 

2016 was like that for a glorious 18 hours but then drip drip melt melt... not the same. All I'm saying is, I understand why Ji is the way Ji is. 

wait....didn't everyone and their mother say this winter was going to suck moose balls? Some of us had a really nice event last week already and December is definitely colder than some thought and January looks to be colder to start....how deflated can you be if winter actually does suck moose balls? I mean it's all going according to plan right?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

wait....didn't everyone and their mother say this winter was going to suck moose balls? Some of us had a really nice event last week already and December is definitely colder than some thought and January looks to be colder to start....how deflated can you be if winter actually does suck moose balls? I mean it's all going according to plan right?

I don't know...the moose may like that!! :lol:

19 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Apparently this is what the latest ECMWF looked like:

Breaking Away (1979) Review |BasementRejects

What a fantastic movie!

Oh, and by the way, for all the WFT fans, the rumors are apparently true and Haskins did put himself, and probably his teammates, in jeopardy by being a dumb ass the other night. He should be suspended by the league for breaking covid protocol, and hopefully has donned the burgundy and gold for the last time. Let’s just hope no one on the team gets covid heading into this week’s game.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

The only good thing about not getting snow is watching Ji meltdown.

8 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

so if Haskins gets suspended and Smith cant go....what happens next lol.

They signed a QB that was in CAR last year.  Heinike I think. He would start and their 5th string Montez would be backup.  Between the both of them they have like 5 NFL starts. None with Montez

Just now, H2O said:

They signed a QB that was in CAR last year.  Heinike I think. He would start and their 5th string Montez would be backup.  Between the both of them they have like 5 NFL starts. None with Montez

Heinke was with the Vikings, he's got some talent...athletic but pretty small. I think he got destroyed in his start with Carolina if I remember...concussion

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm wrapping presents, who cares what models say 10 days from now....i'm pretty sure things will change maybe for the worse or the better...who knows....certainly nobody here does

BobChill does. Oh thats right. He isn’t here. What does that mean :(

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Heinke was with the Vikings, he's got some talent...athletic but pretty small. I think he got destroyed in his start with Carolina if I remember...concussion

He was a good QB with ODU. But that doesn’t always translate to the NFL. I think the moment you realize that you go to a strip club. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic