Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Ok hold your horses, as you may remember or not but that 96 storm mixed with sleet and in fact held down accumulations especially to the south and east of 95. Those guys need to be more realistic

This is the Mid Atlantic. Carroll will shovel 2ft of snow and La Plata will shovel 2ft of disappointment 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I mean look at that cutoff to the SE brutal

635876998860979610-Blizzard-of-1996-Jan7b-96.jpg

I drove from home - just across the river from Philly in South Jersey - to hang out with friends who were at King's College in Wilkes-Barre. We got more snow at home than where I ended up. Still an awesome storm there, and we got stuck for two extra days because roads were shut. No complaints!

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Has anyone heard anything about this? Unfortunately I have to work today and can’t confirm it!

If that’s Haskins, then yesterday would be the last time he wears a burgundy’s and gold #7 jersey.

Who doesn't go make it rain after playing like shit for a half, throwing 2 INTs and taking sacks when you can't take sacks?  Not 100% proof its him but Riverboat Ron won't tolerate that crap if it is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ErinInTheSky said:

So there were definitely some slick spots but no, it was not closed at all hahaha. The rocks were mostly navigable. The sun had dried them up enough to where most didn't have any real ice or snow on them. It was dicey in a few spots but honestly, the bridge to the falls was more sketchy (completely ice slicked) than the dried out rocks.

wow, i wouldn't have expected that.  i had enough time keeping my balance on the scramble when it was sunny and dry lol.  and yea, i could see some of the lowland parts being slick.  fun trail, though.  you have to think while you're on it...reminds me of mountain biking in that regard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

The pattern may or may not be good enough for something just good enough but not quite good enough but about as good as could be expected when good enough isn't good enough until it is.

I would characterize it as the best advertised winter pattern I have seen since at least 1996, with the potential to produce multiple cold rain events and no snow in my yard.

3 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Ok hold your horses, as you may remember or not but that 96 storm mixed with sleet and in fact held down accumulations especially to the south and east of 95. Those guys to the south need to be more realistic

That storm had an epic long duration CCB after the sleet fest. Made up for the mid storm "bust". Most places east of 95 still ended up with 20"+.

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I need to get down to the brewery and get some of that gingerbread Stout.

Thats the only one of the 3 I haven't tried yet. This is my second purchase of the stock ale, which is aged in Bulleit bourbon barrels. The other one is also bourbon barrel aged, and slightly higher abv. They are very similar. The reviews of the GB stout put me off a bit.  Doesn't sound like my thing. Might still try it though.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic