• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

I like living in a city — although Tenleytown is not exactly an urban environment— so my pissandmoan meter is keyed to other big cities. Westminster gets 20” and I get 2” doesn’t bother me in the least. Hell, in Feb 06 when I got 12” and Columbia MD — which is as I-95 corridor as it gets— got 20”, more power to ‘em. But let Philly proper gets 10” and I get 2”— which seems a reasonably possible scenario with this one — and that sticks in my craw. Yeah, NYC gets more snow than DC, but when CP gets 20” in Jan 2011 and I get 6” of slop .... ugh. And I guarantee the UHI effect is greater at Columbus Circle than Tenley Circle. Totally irrational, but there it is. That’s why December 2000 will always have a special exhibit in my personal Hall of Infamy, SJECS (Screwjob ECS) room. We all have our idiosyncrasies with regard to a hobby that some people probably consider a bit ... whimsical. 

On 12/13/2020 at 6:19 AM, leesburg 04 said:

The best way I've learned to try and not be so jumpy during these things is I set a reasonable yet cautious bar for accumulations with a low and a high side. Until this gets locked in as long as the solution falls within my range I don't get too worked up. Now if a total rainer rears its head today I'll probably be disappointed and if all models settle on a bomb then i'll raise my expectations.  For now my low is 3" with lots of sleet/rain my high is 8" mostly snow.

ETA: yes I slumped my shoulders when I read the Euro pbp...I don't care how objective or reasonable you are if you love snow that was a burning hemmeroid run.

Sticking to this plus the call of low of 3" high of 8" looking decent at this point

9 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

See what you started this morning with your hissy fit? I'm telling Dave to not send you a Christmas present this year.

Yup.  I'll take the blame.  Did my hissy fit this morning and that opened the flood gates.  I'll just bow out now and let y'all enjoy the snow.  Sorry to have made things crappy for everyone.  Looks like things are doing ok for those hoping for lots of snow.  

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Spoke to @Bob Chill via email. He and his family are healthy and well. He’s been busy with work and it’s covid impacts and changes. He doesn’t expect to post anymore but may in the future. He still lurks a bit. 

thanks! ive been getting PMs asking about his whereabouts. keep telling people he will return if/when he wants. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

So...asking here so not to disrupt the flow of pure joy and light in the main thread - but if I were able to carve some time and chase this and hotel it on wednesday and what not- head up 83 to route 30 - exit and head east for a bit? Somewhere on the east side of the Susquehanna river say? Lancaster, Ephrata, Marietta, those areas look prime to miss the walking the line issues down along the fall line?

1 hour ago, Fozz said:

I think @MillvilleWx would have the best answer on that, especially since his mesoscale analysis is always top notch.

Hey NBZ. Just woke up a little bit ago and haven't looked too closely at things yet at 12z, but I have been barking at the US15 to I-81 corridor for a while on the max potential for the storm. I love the area from Front Royal to Hagerstown to Emittsburg and connect the triangle. I think, for the sub-forum, that's the best area for heavy snowfall. I've been thinking 12-18" for that corridor for a while. Pending the mesoscale aspects and whether the tongue of 7H frontogen can wrap back into the area prior to pull away, there's an outside shot at 2' along the MD line. If you wanted to trek outside the sub-forum, the best place imo is up near HBG over the northern hills of York Co. That's got elevation and likely nestled into the heart of the 7H frontgenic forcing with a small shot at some TROWAL development (Although I haven't seen anything yet today, so it's possible the TROWAL doesn't fully materialize). Good luck with chasing and stay safe!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

lol his "hissy fit" was nothing compared to many others. hell @JakkelWx has been hanging on by fingertips for days

Some of these clowns need to learn the art of subtlety....they just straight up whine like mom just took away their electronics and took the door off the hinges to their rooms. Andy is ok, I just like giving him a hard time since I was the only one who talked to him at his first conference

4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Some of these clowns need to learn the art of subtlety....they just straight up whine like mom just took away their electronics and took the door of the hinges to their rooms. Andy is ok, I just like giving him a hard time since I was the only one who talked to him at his first conference

I tried talking to those PETA people but when my burger I ordered showed up it got a little awkward

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Some of these clowns need to learn the art of subtlety....they just straight up whine like mom just took away their electronics and took the door off the hinges to their rooms. Andy is ok, I just like giving him a hard time since I was the only one who talked to him at his first conference

from your mouth to their ears

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Hey NBZ. Just woke up a little bit ago and haven't looked too closely at things yet at 12z, but I have been barking at the US15 to I-81 corridor for a while on the max potential for the storm. I love the area from Front Royal to Hagerstown to Emittsburg and connect the triangle. I think, for the sub-forum, that's the best area for heavy snowfall. I've been thinking 12-18" for that corridor for a while. Pending the mesoscale aspects and whether the tongue of 7H frontogen can wrap back into the area prior to pull away, there's an outside shot at 2' along the MD line. If you wanted to trek outside the sub-forum, the best place imo is up near HBG over the northern hills of York Co. That's got elevation and likely nestled into the heart of the 7H frontgenic forcing with a small shot at some TROWAL development (Although I haven't seen anything yet today, so it's possible the TROWAL doesn't fully materialize). Good luck with chasing and stay safe!

Thanks - booked for emmitsburg.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic