Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

That Raspberry Wheat sounds like one or five on a spring afternoon ^_^ 

we havent been, because pandemic, but hope to check it out next year once its safer to do so. but quite a few friends in the area have gone, and raved about it. the valley it overlooks is one of my go-to spots for weather pictures because its such a beautiful view no matter which direction you look. not even a 5 min drive from my house!

• Like 1

Just now, mappy said:

we havent been, because pandemic, but hope to check it out next year once its safer to do so. but quite a few friends in the area have gone, and raved about it. the valley is overlooks is one of my go-to spots for weather pictures because its such a beautiful view no matter which direction you look. not even a 5 min drive from my house!

Man, might have to take the wife there when we come home later next year. There's like 3 breweries we want to try that popped up since we left. We will now have 4 breweries to try! I'll make sure to give you a holler when we are in the area :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

Man, might have to take the wife there when we come home later next year. There's like 3 breweries we want to try that popped up since we left. We will now have 4 breweries to try! I'll make sure to give you a holler when we are in the area :thumbsup:

sounds great!

• Like 1

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm fermenting a Black and Cran Sour (blackberries and cranberries) right now that I can't wait to be done.  Another dry hop on Wednesday and then keg in another week. Perfect for Christmas!

Omg. That sounds DEVINE. You'll have to share how it tastes. I like those types of beers. I'm not a beer expert by any means like some in here, but I love wheats, sours, and pale ales. I'll try any. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm fermenting a Black and Cran Sour (blackberries and cranberries) right now that I can't wait to be done.  Another dry hop on Wednesday and then keg in another week. Perfect for Christmas!

That sounds awesome.  I feel like I remember in years a past, you make homemade biscotti too around Christmas?  

5 days out: everyone sets unreasonable lower bound expectations based on the best model run

2 days out: everyone jumps when they realize it’s not going to be a HECS for them 

1 day out: most people accept reality and realize yes, it’s going to snow

4-8 hours out: radar hallucinations

1 day after: everyone’s happy and can’t wait to get the next storm 

every. Single. Time.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I'm a year away realistically.

I usually have no problems chasing. Not gonna happen this week. I would be heading to Gettysburg for this one if I could.

7 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I hear ya, but I mentioned yesterday that we’re in the most amazing neighborhood right now. We had looked at places around Warrenton a couple years ago, but there’s just no way we could leave.

I still have anchors called kids for 5 more years until they graduate.  My middle kid has been up may ass to move but just to a bigger house still in this area.  F that.  If I'm going through the pain to move it will be to a place where I see this guy on the reg during winter.

Abominable snowman: New research says that Yetis are bears

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

5 days out: everyone sets unreasonable lower bound expectations based on the best model run

2 days out: everyone jumps when they realize it’s not going to be a HECS for them 

1 day out: most people accept reality and realize yes, it’s going to snow

4-8 hours out: radar hallucinations

1 day after: everyone’s happy and can’t wait to get the next storm 

every. Single. Time.

I don't set unreasonable snow amounts.  I can't go from 0 to a negative snow total.

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic