Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

A local level-headed senior meteorologist comes in and tries to tell us that most of us are not getting a foot of snow.  What is going on in this place?

The usual. No need for being dramatic. It is always this way during big, region-wide  events. It has literally been so long people forgot.

You guys can get back to posting once every six hours about IPAs and smoked brisket very soon.

Just now, PhineasC said:

The usual. No need for being dramatic. It is always this way during big, region-wide  events. It has literally been so long people forgot.

You guys can get back to posting once every six hours about IPAs and smoked brisket very soon.

I was kidding.

Also, I forgot that today is eclipse day.  Totality around 11AM, I think.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mappy said:

i still get snow. so works for me. some of yall need to have realistic expectations.

I'm generally a rational adult who takes things in stride, but getting screwed out of snow pisses me off. I'm sure the same goes for many others (I mean...look at H2O - dude about lost it earlier :lol:). Folks come here to congregate, to revel in awesome weather together, and sometimes to vent their disappointment. I think letting them do that to some degree without having snarky remarks thrown at them should be permitted.

• Like 2

Just now, mattie g said:

I'm generally a rational adult who takes things in stride, but getting screwed out of snow pisses me off. I'm sure the same goes for many others (I mean...look at H2O - dude about lost it earlier :lol:). Folks come here to congregate, to revel in awesome weather together, and sometimes to vent their disappointment. I think letting them do that to some degree without having snarky remarks thrown at them should be permitted.

Everyone knows their climo, and how these things work out for their backyards. The usual spots will do well, coastal plain will not and those in the middle have to deal with the mix. happens every damn time. years after years of this grows tiresome. 

9 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Tracking is less fun now...too many model runs and way too many crybabies 

We're also like 10-15 years older than when we started and we have to deal with lots of new folks whose personalities we don't really know. Tough to be rational when new folks crash your pity parties (for me, at least :lol: ).

• Like 1

Just now, mattie g said:

We're also like 10-15 years older than when we started and we have to deal with lots of new folks whose personalities we don't really know. Tough to be rational when new folks crash your pity parties (for me, at least :lol: ).

I hear you. I'll try to mind my snark. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I wasn't that close to losing it.  When I do go off it will burn this effing place to the ground.  The map was made for lolz, not anger.  Any frustration is mainly at those who gripe over 20" instead of 24" when many in the area beg for scraps.

But there are lots of good people here living in good snow areas that are happy with what they get and don't deserve any shit thrown their way for being in a better location.  People do need to grow up some.  Myself included at times.  I'm no saint.

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Everyone knows their climo, and how these things work out for their backyards. The usual spots will do well, coastal plain will not and those in the middle have to deal with the mix. happens every damn time. years after years of this grows tiresome. 

Knowing your climo doesn't take the sting out of things though. I understand the whole idea of "if you don't like it then move," but that's just not going to happen for most people - they live with the hand they've been dealt. They just want a place to hang out and chat, and we can just hope that most are somewhat mature about it.

I know that it can get really tiresome dealing with certain people and certain reactions as a mod - been there, done that on other boards - so I really don't want to come off as preachy. Finding the middle ground of allowing people to blow of steam but not beat the dead horse too much...that's really tough to do..

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic