Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

What a joy you are. Lol no it means snow chances dumb dumb

Whatever Steve.  Its all tongue in cheek and humor with me.  To take a comment saying that I am going to close the shades for 2 weeks and hide out in the dark as a legit, serious statement is on you.  Snow is great, but in all honesty it doesn't matter.

Have a Merry Christmas. 

6 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Whatever Steve.  Its all tongue in cheek and humor with me.  To take a comment saying that I am going to close the shades for 2 weeks and hide out in the dark as a legit, serious statement is on you.  Snow is great, but in all honesty it doesn't matter.

Have a Merry Christmas. 

Hide the chickens

On 12/7/2020 at 12:32 PM, klw said:

12 Z GFS with the annual Grinch storm falling on Festivus this year.  It is hour 384 but in our hearts we know it will happen as it does almost every year. (Yes I know it gives me snow as shown)  We could have started the thread for this back in June had we wanted.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_63.png

Sad bump

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's always a chance some sort of sfc CAD sets up, but we'll need some sort of confluence to develop for that...even if kind of weak. Right now, there is nothing...it literally wants to rip the low into Hudson Bay....that's about the worst possible setup. :

But we'll see if things change on guidance over the next 36 hours....I think the 3 best ways to avoid a disaster cutter are

1. Make the system more progressive and whiff on a phase which turns it into kind of a quick dryish FROPA on Xmas eve...still mild but not 12 hours of tropical dewpoitns and heavy rains. It would be through quite quickly.

2. Have the 12/21-22 system deepen and phase more with the arctic jet/PV lobe and that would create more of a pseudo block and probably promote more confluence in Quebec....which in turn, would produce CAD even if the system tried to cut west....you'd drastically reduce the warmth.

3. Bury the energy coming onshore in the southwest so that the whole thing turns completely flat....you'd end up with an overrunning situation or nothing at all

so there's a chance?