• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TuggHillRosato
    Newest Member
    TuggHillRosato

November 2020 Discussion

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Here too on the driveway. Condensation and the sun doesn’t hit it. 

I assume it had something to do with the fact that the dews rose yesterday and it wasn't evaporating the way it was days before. It was that bad that I thought I had sprung a leak somewhere....so weird

22 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

safe outdoor gatherings really help the mental state right now.  I might be flying to Orlando tomorrow if Eta lets me.

We don't shut down.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I noticed yesterday that my north facing walkway was soaking wet all day yesterday, despite everything else around it not being moist and not having any rain in nearly 10 days. It seems to be happening all around the area down here, as the town FB page had multiple people mentioning the same strange situation yesterday.....

We noticed that too

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We don't shut down.

looks a little dicey but she is moving faster so if she comes ashore north of Tampa and heads south of Gainesville then Orlando is the right front quad so there will be squalls.  But my flight lands early evening so I hope it'll have passed.  Thats why I booked later in the day.

11 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

looks a little dicey but she is moving faster so if she comes ashore north of Tampa and heads south of Gainesville then Orlando is the right front quad so there will be squalls.  But my flight lands early evening so I hope it'll have passed.  Thats why I booked later in the day.

It's a POS system. There may be a gust to 40 in a squall, but I don't think they will shut down. Unfortunately, I don't have a say what the airport can or cannot do. Just the airline..haha.

1 hour ago, Spanks45 said:

I noticed yesterday that my north facing walkway was soaking wet all day yesterday, despite everything else around it not being moist and not having any rain in nearly 10 days. It seems to be happening all around the area down here, as the town FB page had multiple people mentioning the same strange situation yesterday.....

Careful. Some on the Southbury FB group loves conspiracy theories. Could be aliens?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Looks like that shed is due to be replaced 

Guy will trim his azaleas every week, but the shed is something out of eastern Tennessee. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We went bare in one day between yesterday and today . Final cleanup this weekend other than maybe a few stragglers 

mcyof0O.jpg

Nice tick haven.  I got one on me the other day.

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Careful. Some on the Southbury FB group loves conspiracy theories. Could be aliens?

It was actually in the Newtown page, which tends to be moderated a bit better, but yeah the Southbury is laughable at times...hard to believe some of those people are neighbors!

19 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

It was actually in the Newtown page, which tends to be moderated a bit better, but yeah the Southbury is laughable at times...hard to believe some of those people are neighbors!

I don’t have FB but the wife is on the SBury page, cringeworthy at times. If you ever come across Gary on there just toss his posts as far as a GGEM day5 blizzard...that’s my neighbor lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Today will probably be the warmest day until Christmas week.

Which will be the warmest until MLK Day. Might get a little nippy in April though. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Mild down next week for a couple of days and then back to AN.

Yeah... 

not ready to sign off on the GGEM's +PNAPy look with those deep 850 mb thermal layouts... LE plumes and Clipper snow threats from D5 to 10 like that....  

Euro is diametrically opposed by D10

47 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

That’s the internet for you lol.

Got up to 69F here... rain started and it’s cooled off to a less historic but still ridiculous 65F.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

It's a POS system. There may be a gust to 40 in a squall, but I don't think they will shut down. Unfortunately, I don't have a say what the airport can or cannot do. Just the airline..haha.

i trust you to make it all work out for me...

50 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Nice tick haven.  I got one on me the other day.

Damn. It was such a good season, didn’t find any on my dogs, that I forgot they are still around. Gotta check them later now.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Damn. It was such a good season, didn’t find any on my dogs, that I forgot they are still around. Gotta check them later now.

They are everywhere right now. Time for the winter blood meal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, radarman said:

Euro offers some encouragement to those not wanting an 11-12 redux.   Anyone left here not wanting an 11-12 redux?

I like snow.