• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wrigleywx
    Newest Member
    Wrigleywx

October Discobs 2020

Overnight globals all bring remnants of Delta through the southern part of the region this weekend. Worth keeping an eye on. 

21 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Overnight globals all bring remnants of Delta through the southern part of the region this weekend. Worth keeping an eye on. 

Saw that this morning when the WPC made come changes that would effect my area.

Not thrilled it is a weekend,  but we will see. 

Mount Holly did not go into a lot of discussion about it with the AM AFD, as it is 6 days away.  

Meanwhile, parts of New England remain in an extreme drought. 

97ep48iwbg_fill.gif?1601901329

53 minutes ago, frd said:

Saw that this morning when the WPC made come changes that would effect my area.

Not thrilled it is a weekend,  but we will see. 

Mount Holly did not go into a lot of discussion about it with the AM AFD, as it is 6 days away.  

Meanwhile, parts of New England remain in an extreme drought. 

97ep48iwbg_fill.gif?1601901329

I’d put money on all the remnants staying south and having a sunny Saturday emerge. Kinda of a preview of how our winter will go. Looks great 5 days out, and then in actuality...:thumbsdown:

12 hours ago, Stormfly said:

Majority of the "blockbuster" storms are over weekends. ;-)

I also think a lot of our storms happen on weekends in general. Maybe it’s just some weird bias I have, but I feel like a lot of our storms has been on weekends.

Gfs and ggem bring a healthy dose of rain Sunday and Monday from Delta. Euro, of course has to be different, and just merges it with a big front and so the weekend stays dry. 

10 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Gfs and ggem bring a healthy dose of rain Sunday and Monday from Delta. Euro, of course has to be different, and just merges it with a big front and so the weekend stays dry. 

WPC Bullish. NWS not so sure what to forecast so 30 to 40% chances showing up/

wpc_qpf_168h_p.us_ma.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Rain totals from Delta this weekend keep going in the wrong direction on the gfs for those that want rain. The euro still looks decent.

Doesn’t it always. 

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Rain totals from Delta this weekend keep going in the wrong direction on the gfs for those that want rain. The euro still looks decent.

Good. It hasn't rained in days here and it's still so wet still that my lawn mower leaves ruts in my yard when I tried to cut the grass yesterday. Hopefully it ends up sunny and dry.

15 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Good. It hasn't rained in days here and it's still so wet still that my lawn mower leaves ruts in my yard when I tried to cut the grass yesterday. Hopefully it ends up sunny and dry.

Noticed the shorter days, and less solar heating,  means it takes much longer to dry things out.  Found out when looking at grass seedlings  and checking soil moisture.  It was still rather wet ad moist.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Latest trends are for a a wet period from late Sunday through mid week. Just how wet remains to be seen. At his point it doesn't look like anything excessive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dailylurker said:

That's really amazing.  Here, it has been so dry that I had to mask up to cut the lawn because so much dust was being kicked up.

As for Delta's leftovers:  enjoy your rain S and E of I-95!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

That's really amazing.  Here, it has been so dry that I had to mask up to cut the lawn because so much dust was being kicked up.

As for Delta's leftovers:  enjoy your rain S and E of I-95!

Probably means you have really good soil ... in addition to being dry.

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Yeah you’ll probably get plenty of rain then

Last season was a once in 30 year total ( roughly 10 inches) . This year will be much much better . Its extremely difficult to not get a warning snow event here .

@losetoa6 is rooting for the 0z euro solution. 2”+ through Tuesday. 

Major globals all clueing into a strong cold front or two late next week into the weekend with frost and freeze chances possible.

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Major globals all clueing into a strong cold front or two late next week into the weekend with frost and freeze chances possible.

I was just going to post this lol. It does look good for the northern burbs and further NE for heavier rain.

GFS not so much. Just a general inch or so across the region.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Seems Delta may trigger chain of events leading to polar blocking and arctic intrusion.  

2 hours ago, H2O said:

I can't ever complain when 1" rain is modeled

I don't want more than that. I know some of the NW folks would like a flood though.