• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    corvairbob
    Newest Member
    corvairbob

September Discobs 2020

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's close fmby.  I'll continue to keep an eye on it but Gfs and Euro both still too far east and concentrate moderate to heavy rains i95 and east atm. 

I wish I could send it your way. These late season tiger mosquitoes need to go. I really don't want to have to do a malathion nuke job at this point, but I may have too lol.

26 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Raining now. Nothing on radar.

That’s because the Sterling radar has been broken and offline for a few days now. I thought it was supposed to be fixed yesterday, but that doesn’t seem to be the case this morning. 

26 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I wish I could send it your way. These late season tiger mosquitoes need to go. I really don't want to have to do a malathion nuke job at this point, but I may have too lol.

Nuke job would be welcome here

The main trough to the northwest isn't leaving enough space for our ull to really amplify.  It's kind of acting to only kick it northeast.  If we could get that trough to hang back a bit more .

33 minutes ago, Scraff said:

That’s because the Sterling radar has been broken and offline for a few days now. I thought it was supposed to be fixed yesterday, but that doesn’t seem to be the case this morning. 

Wunderground uses the TDWRs and there’s nothing on those either.

This grossness has overstayed its welcome. Our fall preview period seems pretty far in the rear view mirror, even though its only been a week. A few more days of this garbage and we can get back to some refreshing Canadian air with low dew points.

36 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We are approaching Cumberland from the west and easy to tell the difference in the air mass out here and the stuff you all are describing on the other side of the ridge.

image.jpeg.40d4e313ab5e254adcab35f42b9266b4.jpeg

Amazing shot!

Quite a contrast.

• Like 1

12z CMC keeps the heavy stuff down in eastern VA and NC. A general half to 1.5"  for N VA and most of MD. It has been more progressive than the GFS and Euro though, so probably not correct.

4 hours ago, Scraff said:

It was *not* supposed to be fixed yesterday. It was supposed to be evaluated for next steps yesterday (which it was). Bull-gear failure and it will likely be down for 10+ days. 

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

12z CMC keeps the heavy stuff down in eastern VA and NC. A general half to 1.5"  for N VA and most of MD. It has been more progressive than the GFS and Euro though, so probably not correct.

I'm already looking ahead to the day 9 threat :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm already looking ahead to the day 9 threat :ph34r:

I don't think either one of us are crazy about the 12z Euro. Too much over this way and not enough up your way.

Cant wait for the cooler and drier weather after this event.

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Radar has been down for days . What radar source are you using? Not that I'm worried I'll get rain :lol:

Weather underground 

14 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Weather underground 

Me too normally.  It's been down for days though . 

I can only get Philadelphia to work.  Hopefully it comes back on line soon

I used to pay for Weathertap radar and actually liked it but my card must have expired and I forgot to reup and never did . Been using weather underground for 2 years or so.